From: Corsair on
I've installed win 7 Pro x64 in a computer with RAID-1, two same disks
mirroring each other.

well I don't want anymore this option, the RAID is done on the RAID
connection of MOBO,
not in the SATA alone connections and is done via post-BIOS.

I've done some trials, I've disconnected the HD from the RAID connection and
connected to
the pure SATA connections, but OS doesn't start, could be that RAID has not
been unsetup.

what should I have to do??
1 - go into RAID configuration during booting and break the RAID
if I'd do this do I lost the info in HD?? <--- very important not to
loose info.
2 - Disconnect from RAID sockets and connect to plain SATA connections.
3 - start windows again??
or should be done anything else??

Cheers, Corsair

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
The answer to this will depend on a variety of things, including your
specific RAID implementation and the specifics of your SATA connection. But
the real answer, I'm afraid, is to do a full backup and restore it if you
have a failure.

The issue with some mobos and their "RAID" implementation is that they use a
different driver for SATA standalone and SATA RAID configurations, but
neither driver is part of Windows by default. So you need to ensure that the
driver is loaded into Windows and can be seen by the boot process.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Carlos on
Corsair,
The RAID options you have in your motherboard (dedicated connectors and
SATA) usually have different chipsets making them incompatible. One raid
setup will not work in the other one.
I'd suggest doing a full backup (Acronis or similar software), disconnect
both drives, connect only 1 drive to the SATA connection and attempt a full
restore.
Boot into Windows, let it detect the plain non-raid SATA and reboot.
After everithing is Ok, turn off and plug the other disk.
Carlos

From: Corsair on
Thanks both of you,

now I had another problem, I exchanged the case because of a new liquid
cooling CPU unit,
(12 cm fan for cooling radiator not available in old case, only 8 cm hole in
the rear plate)
and I really don't know what happened but I think that MOBO is dead because
when powered-up
fans, GPU, devides looks like that are powered, but no reading of BIOS, so
no starting of
computer, Monday I'll send to the technical service, and probably I'll need
a new MOBO.

;-( and no backup done (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

Corsair.

noticias:84C0D21E-2883-426E-AD71-27929F3963B4(a)microsoft.com...

From: Carlos on
Corsair,
First of all, don't panic.
Check all the connnections, extract and place again the memory modules.
Don't connect the hard drives, just leave the CPU and graphic card.
Unplug as many things that you don't need right now.
Turn on your pc, the hard drives are not necessary for the BIOS screen.
Last but not least, try resetting the BIOS (removing the battery for a
couple of minutes will do).
Buena suerte!
:)
Carlos