From: Jacques Chatenay on
When I connect to my SBS Exchnage server with Outlook I keep getting error
message

19:15:14 Synchronizer Version 11.0.6352
19:15:14 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Atlantic Meeco Administrator'
19:15:14 Synchronizing Hierarchy
19:15:14 2 folder(s) updated in online store
19:15:14 1 folder(s) added to offline store
19:15:14 3 folder(s) updated in offline store
19:15:14 Terminated in error
19:15:14 [80004005-501-0-1630]
19:15:14 The client operation failed.
19:15:14 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
19:15:14 For more information on this failure, click the URL below:
19:15:14
http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80004005-501-0-1630

When I try to view the system folders within the public folders of the
exchange manager

I get the following

---------------------------
Exchange System Manager
---------------------------
The operation failed because of an HTTP error 422.
Facility: Exchange System Manager
ID no: c1030af4
Exchange System Manager
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Can Anyone help with this problem??

Thanks

Jack
From: Robert Li [MSFT] on
Hi Jack,

Thanks for posting here.

From your post, I know your problem is: When you expand Public Folder in
Exchange System Manager, you encountered the following error.

Exchange System Manager
---------------------------
The operation failed because of an HTTP error 422.
Facility: Exchange System Manager
ID no: c1030af4
Exchange System Manager

You also got error message on Outlook.

If I'm off base, please feel free to let me know.

Based on my knowledge, I would like to provide the following suggestions to
troubleshoot the issue.

Step 1: Please make sure the local path of the Exadmin is
\\.\Backofficestorage.

To do this:

1. Open Internet Information Service (IIS) Manger.
2. Migrate to SBSSERVER(local computer)'Web Sites' Default Web Site'Exadm.
3. Right click Exadm virtual directory, on the Virtual Directory tab, make
sure the local path of the Exadmin is \\.\Backofficestorage.

Step 2 The problem may be caused by corrupt database, please run the
following command to test the integrity for Public Store.

eseutil /mh "E:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\pub1.edb"

eseutil /g "E:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\pub1.edb"

More information:

XADM: Exchange 2000 Server Eseutil Command Line Switches
http:// support.microsoft.com/kb/317014

If the problem persists, please help me collect the following information
and I will have a further research.

1. Please collect the MPS Report on both Exchange Servers and send to me.

Please go to the following link to download and collect the MPS report.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/b/1/bb139fcb-4aac-4fe5-a579-30b0bd9
15706/MPSRPT_Exchange.EXE

818742 Overview of the Microsoft Configuration Capture Utility (MPS_REPORTS)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=818742

2. Please collect the IIS metabase on Exchange Server where you encountered
the issue and send to me for further analysis:

1). On Exchange Server, install .NET Framework Version 1.1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-
8157-034d1e7cf3a3&DisplayLang=en.
2). Install MBExplorer by installing IIS 6 Resource Kit Tools:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=56FC92EE-A71A-4C73-
B628-ADE629C89499&displaylang=en.
3). Once it is installed, access it from Start, Programs, IIS Resources,
Metabase Explorer.
4). In the left pane, right click ''LM'' (under your server computer name)
to choose ''Export to file'', and then save it as IIS.mbk.
5). Compress this mbk file and send it to me for analysis. Please let me
know the password if you set on this iis mbk file.

Please send the information to v-robeli(a)microsft.com with subject:
39292586-Exchange server problems

Hope this helps. Please let me know the results so that I can provide
further assistance on this problem. I am looking forward to your reply.
Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Robert Li(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
<From: =?Utf-8?B?SmFjcXVlcyBDaGF0ZW5heQ==?=
<JacquesChatenay(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
<Subject: Exchange server problems
<Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:30:00 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
<
[...]
<---------------------------
<Exchange System Manager
<---------------------------

From: Jacques Chatenay on
Robert

When I run eseutil /mh "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\pub1.edb"

I get an error

Operation terminated with error -1032 (JET_errFileAccessDenied, Cannot
access fi
le, the file is locked or in use) after 33.62 seconds.

Jack

From: Jacques Chatenay on
Sorry I forgot to tell you I checked the permissions on the C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\ Directory there were very few permissions so I
changed them to give full control to Administrators, Exchange Domain Servers,
Exchange Enterprise Servers, Server Operators, and SYSTEM. I then tried to
run eseutil /mh "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\pub1.edb" again and
received the same error
Microsoft(R) Exchange Server Database Utilities
Version 6.5
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved

Initiating FILE DUMP mode...
Database: C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\pub

From: Jacques Chatenay on
Okay

I dismounted the Mailbox Store and the Public Folder Store and ran the
commands it reported a corrupted data base.

I should note that I am just starting to set up this exchange server and
there is no data that I need to save in the Exchange database so if there is
a way to flush the the files and just start with new clean file(s) it is not
a problem.

The results of the commands were

eseutil /mh "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\pub1.edb"

Initiating FILE DUMP mode...
Database: C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\pub1.edb

File Type: Database
Format ulMagic: 0x89abcdef
Engine ulMagic: 0x89abcdef
Format ulVersion: 0x620,11
Engine ulVersion: 0x620,11
Created ulVersion: 0x620,9
DB Signature: Create time:04/03/2005 22:36:13 Rand:9305472 Computer:
cbDbPage: 4096
dbtime: 4942699 (0x4b6b6b)
State: Clean Shutdown
Log Required: 0-0 (0x0-0x0)
Streaming File: Yes
Shadowed: Yes
Last Objid: 10438
Scrub Dbtime: 0 (0x0)
Scrub Date: 00/00/1900 00:00:00
Repair Count: 0
Repair Date: 00/00/1900 00:00:00
Last Consistent: (0x273,A9,4F) 05/23/2007 05:49:42
Last Attach: (0x270,185,106) 05/22/2007 19:09:03
Last Detach: (0x273,A9,4F) 05/23/2007 05:49:42
Dbid: 2
Log Signature: Create time:04/03/2005 22:36:11 Rand:9278427 Computer:
OS Version: (5.2.3790 SP 2)

Previous Full Backup:
Log Gen: 404-404 (0x194-0x194)
Mark: (0x194,A5,1E)
Mark: 05/06/2007 03:19:55

Log Gen: 0-0 (0x0-0x0)
Mark: (0x0,0,0)
Mark: 00/00/1900 00:00:00

Current Full Backup:
Log Gen: 0-0 (0x0-0x0)
Mark: (0x0,0,0)
Mark: 00/00/1900 00:00:00

Current Shadow copy backup:
Log Gen: 0-0 (0x0-0x0)
Mark: (0x0,0,0)
Mark: 00/00/1900 00:00:00

cpgUpgrade55Format: 0
cpgUpgradeFreePages: 0
cpgUpgradeSpaceMapPages: 0

Operation completed successfully in 3.63 seconds.

C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin>eseutil /g "C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\pub1
..edb"

Microsoft(R) Exchange Server Database Utilities
Version 6.5
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Initiating INTEGRITY mode...
Database: C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\pub1.edb
Streaming File: C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\pub1.STM
Temp. Database: TEMPINTEG3204.EDB

Checking database integrity.

Scanning Status (% complete)

0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100
|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|

Integrity check completed.
Database is CORRUPTED, the last full backup of this database was on
05/06/2007 0
3:19:55

Operation terminated with error -1206 (JET_errDatabaseCorrupted, Non
database fi
le or corrupted db) after 7.359 seconds.

Jack

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Quantum DLT-V4 on SBS backup
Next: Event 27745 Error