From: Mr. X. on
One problem.
I did : process.start("myprog.exe")
but when returning the calling program, and trying do something I got the
message :
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.
If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to
continue ...

What should I do ?

Thanks :)

From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Am 30.03.2010 21:20, schrieb Mr. X.:
> One problem.
> I did : process.start("myprog.exe")
> but when returning the calling program, and trying do something I got
> the message :
> Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.
> If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and
> attempt to continue ...

Post the complete exception information (which exception, additional
exception message, etc.).

From: Mr. X. on
OK, solved.

.... and about shell and process.start.
by command "shell" I can wait till I close the executable program (it may be
a modal dialog), and process.start doesn't have this option.
Besides, "shell" cannot send to the executable program arguments, and
process.start can.
I can use mutex & shell in order to send the executable program some
arguments.

Thanks :)

From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
It has even more options, one of those is waitforexit but in your case
probably better to get the output content using the reader.

Have a look at those to get some examples

http://www.vb-tips.com/StartProcess.aspx

Cor

From: Mr. X. on
Well,