From: jdrott1 on
On Mar 31, 4:01 am, "Mr. X." <nospam(a)nospam_please.com> wrote:
> Well,
> Thanks
>
> I will check this out.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstn...(a)planet.nl> wrote in message

> > It has even more options, one of those is waitforexit but in your case
> > probably better to get the output content using the reader.
>
> > Have a look at those to get some examples
>
> >http://www.vb-tips.com/StartProcess.aspx
>
> > Cor
>
> > "Mr. X." <nospam(a)nospam_please.com> wrote in message
> >> OK, solved.
>
> >> ... and about shell and process.start.
> >> by command "shell" I can wait till I close the executable program (it may
> >> be a modal dialog), and process.start doesn't have this option.
> >> Besides, "shell" cannot send to the executable program arguments, and
> >> process.start can.
> >> I can use mutex & shell in order to send the executable program some
> >> arguments.
>
> >> Thanks :)- Hide quoted text -

are you trying process.start on the testing machine?
From: jdrott1 on
On Mar 31, 4:01 am, "Mr. X." <nospam(a)nospam_please.com> wrote:
> Well,
> Thanks
>
> I will check this out.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstn...(a)planet.nl> wrote in message

> > It has even more options, one of those is waitforexit but in your case
> > probably better to get the output content using the reader.
>
> > Have a look at those to get some examples
>
> >http://www.vb-tips.com/StartProcess.aspx
>
> > Cor
>
> > "Mr. X." <nospam(a)nospam_please.com> wrote in message
> >> OK, solved.
>
> >> ... and about shell and process.start.
> >> by command "shell" I can wait till I close the executable program (it may
> >> be a modal dialog), and process.start doesn't have this option.
> >> Besides, "shell" cannot send to the executable program arguments, and
> >> process.start can.
> >> I can use mutex & shell in order to send the executable program some
> >> arguments.
>
> >> Thanks :)- Hide quoted text -

you also have to put the full path process.start ("c:\program
\myexe.exe")
From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Am 30.03.2010 23:15, schrieb Mr. X.:
> ... and about shell and process.start.
> by command "shell" I can wait till I close the executable program (it
> may be a modal dialog), and process.start doesn't have this option.

\\\
Dim p As Process = Process.Start(...)
p.WaitForExit()
///

> Besides, "shell" cannot send to the executable program arguments, and
> process.start can.

I am pretty sure 'Shell' can actually do that. Did you try to include
the arguments in the path?

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
From: Mr. X. on
It is true p.waitforExit() is waiting until I close the exe, which I have
called at the main program,
but if I click on the main program the button, which called the exe program,
several times,
computer "remembers" I have pressed the button, and hence when I close the
called exe program, the event occurs, and the exe is opened again.
same thing for shell : Shell("newApp.exe", AppWinStyle.NormalFocus, True)

If shell is the command line, then it's obvious that I can send parameters
within the command line.

Thanks :)