From: Tony M on
On Aug 13, 2:18 pm, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
> On Aug 13, 12:02 pm, Tony M <marc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > No it is not backward.

> > > No....this is not possible. Why? Because the passage of an A second
> > > does not correspond to the passage of a B second and the passage of a
> > > C second.
> > > Each observer must make his won determination using his clock second
> > > to determine velocity and the gamma factor. In other words you can't
> > > compare gamma factor between frames.
> > > A would predict B's rate as follows:
> > > T_b=T_a/gamma_ab
> > > OR
> > > T_b=(gamma_ab)T_a
>
> > > A would predict C's rate as follows:
> > > T_c=T_a/gamma_ac
> > > OR
> > > T_c=Gamma_ac(T_ac)
> > > What this mean is that each observer must use his own clock second to
> > > determine the rate of an observed clock.

> > "Yes, that’s possible." I included that comment in anticipation of
> > your objection.
> > Ken, relative velocity is mutual, v_ab=v_ba, regardless of the length
> > of one’s second. Why? Because velocity is distance/time, and both
> > distance and time vary by the same factor. If one measures longer time
> > he also measures longer distance; the ratio stays the same, right?
>
> No....In that case you can't compare Tc as predicted by A with Tc as
> predicted by B. Even if you assume that A, B and C measure the same
> velocity.... A predicts the following for Tc and Tb:
> Tc<Ta OR Tc>Ta
> Tb<Ta OR Tb>Ta

Don't change the equations Ken, Tc<Ta OR Tc>Ta is not the same as
Tc=Ta/gamma OR Tc=Ta*gamma. In your original equations you CAN compare
the times and see the contradictions.

> This means that you can't assume that Tc=Tb. This means that your
> assumed contradiction  based on what B predicts for Tc is not valid.
> In any case how does your gedanken
> support SR?

It's not trying to, just pointing out the flaws in your theory.

>SR predicts from A's point of view:
> Tc=Ta/gamma
> Tb=Ta/gamma
> Therefore Tc=Tb
>
> From B's point of view:
> Tc=Tb/gamma
>
> This means that Tc=/=Tb
> This means that B's point of view is directly contradicting A's point
> of view.

Use that thought process on your theory. You just proved it wrong
yourself.