From: kenseto on
On Aug 4, 3:40 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/4/10 2:17 PM, kenseto wrote:

> >>     Seto the data will be Doppler shifted. Do some self education!
> >>      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect
> >>      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativistic_Doppler_effect
>
> > Hey idiot....the rate of the TV clock will not change whether it is
> > approaching you or receding away from you. Satellite TV works because
> > Doppler effect does not change the reception rate of the picture.
>
> > Ken Seto
>
>    Betcha didn't know that TV satellites are in stationary orbits with
>    respect to ground receivers. Got egg on your face, Seto?

So what wormy? We can still get the ratio for the TV clock vs the
observer's clock.
Beside, I suggested using the ISS clock and the GPS clock to do these
experiments.

From: kenseto on

From: kenseto on
On Aug 4, 7:12 pm, harald <h...(a)swissonline.ch> wrote:
> On Aug 4, 9:40 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hey idiot....the rate of the TV clock will not change whether it is
> > > approaching you or receding away from you. Satellite TV works because
> > > Doppler effect does not change the reception rate of the picture.
>
> > > Ken Seto
>
> >    Betcha didn't know that TV satellites are in stationary orbits with
> >    respect to ground receivers. Got egg on your face, Seto?
>
> Yeah, Betcha that he didn't even *click* on the link to the paper on
> DvB-H that explains all that stuff ... it's more difficult to educate
> in 10 years* time someone who is unable and unwilling to learn than to
> teach the same in one or two weeks to an average student. So I'll
> abandon him again.

Harald, In order for you to teach me you need to know more about the
subject than me. You can't even understand that the objective of my
proposed experiment is simply to get the ratio for the rate of the TV
clock vs the rate of the observer's clcok.....Doppler effect got
nothing to do with the proposed experiment.

From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/5/10 7:42 AM, kenseto wrote:

> We are talking about the ISS clock and that GPS clock.
>
> Ken Seto

Clocks on board the International Space Station are in a
different gravitational well that GPS satellite clocks.
Therefore, to predict time dilation of one from the perspective
of the other, general relativity is the tool that will
correctly predict the effect.

See: Relativistic Effects on Satellite Clocks

http://relativity.livingreviews.org/open?pubNo=lrr-2003-1&page=node5.html
From: kenseto on
On Aug 5, 10:05 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/5/10 7:42 AM, kenseto wrote:
>

> > We are talking about the ISS clock and that GPS clock.
>
> > Ken Seto
>
>    Clocks on board the International Space Station are in a
>    different gravitational well that GPS satellite clocks.
>    Therefore, to predict time dilation of one from the perspective
>    of the other, general relativity is the tool that will
>    correctly predict the effect.

Sigh....I don't care. I want to know the ratio of the rate of the GPS-
TV clock vs the rate of the ISS clock in the ISS location....and the
ratio of the rate of the ISS-TV clock vs the GPS clock in the GPS
location. No calculation is needed.

Ken Seto