From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/4/10 2:16 PM, kenseto wrote:
> Hey idiot....the rate of the TV clock will not change whether it is
> approaching you or receding away from you. Satellite TV works because
> Doppler effect does not change the reception rate of the picture.
>
> Ken Seto

Betcha didn't know that TV satellites are in stationary orbits with
respect to ground receivers. Got egg on your face, Seto?
From: harald on
On Aug 4, 9:40 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/4/10 2:17 PM, kenseto wrote:

> >>     Seto the data will be Doppler shifted. Do some self education!
> >>      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect
> >>      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativistic_Doppler_effect
>
> > Hey idiot....the rate of the TV clock will not change whether it is
> > approaching you or receding away from you. Satellite TV works because
> > Doppler effect does not change the reception rate of the picture.
>
> > Ken Seto
>
>    Betcha didn't know that TV satellites are in stationary orbits with
>    respect to ground receivers. Got egg on your face, Seto?

Yeah, Betcha that he didn't even *click* on the link to the paper on
DvB-H that explains all that stuff ... it's more difficult to educate
in 10 years* time someone who is unable and unwilling to learn than to
teach the same in one or two weeks to an average student. So I'll
abandon him again.

Harald

* I'm afraid that 10 years is not even an exaggeration!
From: Koobee Wublee on
On Aug 3, 9:27 am, harald wrote:

> BTW this is an old topic but with a slightly different presentation:
> http://www.natscience.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/physics/18921/Testing-mutual-time-dilation

The second post by Professor Roberts has a wrong conclusion on
relativistic Doppler effect. The Lorentz transform actually leads to
a reverse Doppler effect. Where have the self-styled physicist been
in the past 100 years? See the following recent posts by yours truly
at:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.relativity/msg/c06938d96ee7f84d?hl=en

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.relativity/msg/fddbda5c1bb76e80?hl=en

<shrug>
From: Michael Moroney on
harald <hvan(a)swissonline.ch> writes:

>Yeah, Betcha that he didn't even *click* on the link to the paper on
>DvB-H that explains all that stuff ... it's more difficult to educate
>in 10 years* time someone who is unable and unwilling to learn than to
>teach the same in one or two weeks to an average student. So I'll
>abandon him again.

>* I'm afraid that 10 years is not even an exaggeration!

Many have mentioned 15 years on Usenet, and I saw one post that stated 16
years. I was wondering if that person tracked down the date of Ken's first
post and the anniversary recently passed.
From: kenseto on
On Aug 3, 8:37 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/3/10 5:25 PM, kenseto wrote:
>
> > Hey idiot we can do the experiment with the GPS clock and the
> > International Station clock. All we need to do is to put a TV camera
> > on each clock and comare its rate with the real clock in each frame.
> > If the ratio is equal than nutual time dilation is confirmed.
>
> > Ken Seto
>
>    And what's the scan rate of the TV camera... and how grossly
>    under sampled is the data? Give us a break Seto... we can already
>    receive the clock cycles.

Wormy you are incoherent....we are interested in the ratio between the
TV clock and the observer's clock.

>    But GPS Satellite clocks require the application of general
>    relativity, not special relativity to predict the observable
>    result accurately.

We are talking about the ISS clock and that GPS clock.

Ken Seto