From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/4/10 8:22 AM, kenseto wrote:
> On Aug 3, 9:06 pm, Sam Wormley<sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8/3/10 5:08 PM, kenseto wrote:
>>
>>> Sigh....Doppler corrections and distance of separation got nothing to
>>> do with it. You determine the ratios between the TV clocks with the
>>> observer's clock and compare them numerically.
>>
>> Seto, you need some school'n in the Doppler Effect!
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativistic_Doppler_effect
>
> Hey idiot Doppler effect got nothing to do with the proposed
> experiment.

You can't do a real experiment without taking Doppler Effect into
account, Seto!

From: kenseto on
On Aug 4, 11:33 am, Tony M <marc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 4, 9:57 am, kenseto <kens...(a)erinet.com> wrote:
>
> > So every observer
> > does not know if the observed clock is running slow or fast compared
> > to his clock. This means that he must include both possibilities when
> > predicting the rate of an observed clock as follows:
> > Observed clcok runs slow:
> > Delta(t')=gamma*Delta(t)
> > Observed clock runs fast:
> > Delta(t')=Delta(t)/gamma
>
> Ken, why not Delta(t)/gamma <= Delta(t') <= gamma*Delta(t)? Think
> about it!

No....Delta(t')=gamma*Delta(t) means that the passage of
Delta(t') on the t' clock is equal to the passage of
gamma*Delta(t) on the t clock....that means that the t' clock is
running slower than the t clock.
Similarly...Delta(t')=Delta(t)/gamma means that the passage of
Delta(t') on the t' clock is equal to the passage of
Delta(t)/gamma on the t clock....that means that the t' clock is
running faster than the t clock.
From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/4/10 1:03 PM, kenseto wrote:
> Doppler effect got nothing to do with my proposed experiment. The TV
> clock is compared to the observer's clock to get a ratio for a specfic
> interval on the observer's clcok, such as 84000 seconds, to give a
> ratio of (TV clock time interval)/observer's clock time interval)
>
> The rest of your ranting is due to your misunderstanding of the
> experiment.
>
> Ken Seto

Seto the data will be Doppler shifted. Do some self education!
From: kenseto on
On Aug 4, 3:02 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/4/10 1:03 PM, kenseto wrote:
>
> > Doppler effect got nothing to do with my proposed experiment. The TV
> > clock is compared to the observer's clock to get a ratio for a specfic
> > interval on the observer's clcok, such as 84000 seconds, to give a
> > ratio of (TV clock time interval)/observer's clock time interval)
>
> > The rest of your ranting is due to your misunderstanding of the
> > experiment.
>
> > Ken Seto
>
>    Seto the data will be Doppler shifted. Do some self education!
>      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect
>      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativistic_Doppler_effect

Hey idiot....the rate of the TV clock will not change whether it is
approaching you or receding away from you. Satellite TV works because
Doppler effect does not change the reception rate of the picture.

Ken Seto
From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/4/10 2:17 PM, kenseto wrote:
> On Aug 4, 3:02 pm, Sam Wormley<sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8/4/10 1:03 PM, kenseto wrote:
>>
>>> Doppler effect got nothing to do with my proposed experiment. The TV
>>> clock is compared to the observer's clock to get a ratio for a specfic
>>> interval on the observer's clcok, such as 84000 seconds, to give a
>>> ratio of (TV clock time interval)/observer's clock time interval)
>>
>>> The rest of your ranting is due to your misunderstanding of the
>>> experiment.
>>
>>> Ken Seto
>>
>> Seto the data will be Doppler shifted. Do some self education!
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relativistic_Doppler_effect
>
> Hey idiot....the rate of the TV clock will not change whether it is
> approaching you or receding away from you. Satellite TV works because
> Doppler effect does not change the reception rate of the picture.
>
> Ken Seto

Betcha didn't know that TV satellites are in stationary orbits with
respect to ground receivers. Got egg on your face, Seto?