From: Michael Moroney on
artful <artful_me(a)hotmail.com> writes:

>Now you're just spouting nonsense. =A0Yours is a typical response from a
>troll .. can't say anything relevant and meaningful, so spout some
>nonsense assertion and try to divert the topic.

This is Mitch/BURT you're arguing with. All he does is spout nonsense
from his own misunderstanding of physics, plus his own "physics by
proclamation". Don't expect anything more than arguing with the guy
sitting outside the bus station asking for quarters.
From: Michael Moroney on
kenseto <kenseto(a)erinet.com> writes:

>PD never challenge my statement that the GPS sees the SR effect on the
>ground clock is 7 us/day running fast....why? Because that would
>contradict his statement that mutual time dilation does not apply to
>the GPS.

No, he doesn't challenge your statement because he keeps telling you that
you have to use GR physics, not SR, when dealing with the GPS satellites!

Now go back and do the GR math to see how the ground and GPS see each
other's clocks, if you want to involve the GPS satellites.
From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/7/10 8:24 AM, kenseto wrote:

> No he said that mutual time dilation doesn't apply to the GPS because
> the GPS does not see the SR effect on the ground clock is ~7us/day
> running slow. He tried to avoid the fact that the GPS sees the SR
> effect on the ground clock as 7 us/day running fast so he said the GR
> must be used for such calculations.
>
> Ken Seto

For whatever reason, Seto, you have a lot of trouble comprehending
what knowledgeable people are trying to tell you. To calculate time
dilation in satellite clocks requires general relativity, because
differential gravitation is the major contributor. You cannot ignore
the tool necessary for those calculations.

Read and understand: Relativistic Effects on Satellite Clocks

http://relativity.livingreviews.org/open?pubNo=lrr-2003-1&page=node5.html
From: kenseto on
On Aug 7, 9:47 am, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/7/10 8:24 AM, kenseto wrote:
>

> > No he said that mutual time dilation doesn't apply to the GPS because
> > the GPS does not see the SR effect on the ground clock is ~7us/day
> > running slow. He tried to avoid the fact that the GPS sees the SR
> > effect on the ground clock as 7 us/day running fast so he said the GR
> > must be used for such calculations.
>
> > Ken Seto
>
>    For whatever reason, Seto, you have a lot of trouble comprehending
>    what knowledgeable people are trying to tell you. To calculate time
>    dilation in satellite clocks requires general relativity,

Hey idiot we are talking about the SR effect only. You are so stupid.

Ken Seto

From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/7/10 12:51 PM, kenseto wrote:
> On Aug 7, 9:47 am, Sam Wormley<sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8/7/10 8:24 AM, kenseto wrote:
>>

>>> No he said that mutual time dilation doesn't apply to the GPS because
>>> the GPS does not see the SR effect on the ground clock is ~7us/day
>>> running slow. He tried to avoid the fact that the GPS sees the SR
>>> effect on the ground clock as 7 us/day running fast so he said the GR
>>> must be used for such calculations.
>>
>>> Ken Seto
>>
>> For whatever reason, Seto, you have a lot of trouble comprehending
>> what knowledgeable people are trying to tell you. To calculate time
>> dilation in satellite clocks requires general relativity,
>
> Hey idiot we are talking about the SR effect only. You are so stupid.

There is NO SR effect only... don't be so stooopid! Time dilation
is satellite clocks requires general relativity. Don't be so stooopid.
Seto!