From: Autymn D. C. on
On Oct 3, 10:58 am, Benj <bjac...(a)iwaynet.net> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 12:27 am, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_o> wrote:

> > The Nazi party's last leader, Adolf Hitler, was appointed Chancellor of
> > Germany
> > by president Paul von Hindenburg in 1933.
> > Just one year for it to be a Nazi invention and given away to
> > the USA for Michelson's birthday prezzie before the old chap
> > croaked. The thing is, why didn't the Nazis invent the compact disc
> > to go along with it, flood the market with cheap records and win
> > the Eurovision Song Contest?
>
> Let's be thankful they didn't. (Basically because they refused to work
> on it because it was "Jewish physics")  Had they not been so
> ethnically shortsighted they'd have won the war and we'd all be
> speaking (singing) German now. :(

mýth
From: Benj on
On Oct 17, 7:40 pm, "Autymn D. C." <lysde...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 10:58 am, Benj <bjac...(a)iwaynet.net> wrote:

> > On Oct 3, 12:27 am, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_o> wrote:

> > > The thing is, why didn't the Nazis invent the compact disc
> > > to go along with it, flood the market with cheap records and win
> > > the Eurovision Song Contest?
>
> > Let's be thankful they didn't. (Basically because they refused to work
> > on it because it was "Jewish physics")  Had they not been so
> > ethnically shortsighted they'd have won the war and we'd all be
> > speaking (singing) German now. :(

> mýth

So, Aut, your position is that the Germans did NOT refuse to work on
the CD during WWII based on the premise that it was "Jewish
physics"? Interesting. I'd love to see some examples of these war-
time discs! On the other hand I HAVE seen the German magnetic tape
recorders that was the making of the Ampex corp which they
manufactured as virtually exact copies without license or royalties
after the war.

Say "hello" to nurse Ratched for me!

From: Bill Miller on
On Oct 17, 7:40 pm, "Autymn D. C." <lysde...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Oct 3, 10:58 am, Benj <bjac...(a)iwaynet.net> wrote:

> > On Oct 3, 12:27 am, "Androcles" <Headmas...(a)Hogwarts.physics_o> wrote:

> > > The thing is, why didn't the Nazis invent the compact disc

> > > to go along with it, flood the market with cheap records and win

> > > the Eurovision Song Contest?

> > Let's be thankful they didn't. (Basically because they refused to work

> > on it because it was "Jewish physics") Had they not been so

> > ethnically shortsighted they'd have won the war and we'd all be

> > speaking (singing) German now. :(

> m�th

So, Aut, your position is that the Germans did NOT refuse to work on

the CD during WWII based on the premise that it was "Jewish

physics"? Interesting. I'd love to see some examples of these war-

time discs! On the other hand I HAVE seen the German magnetic tape

recorders that was the making of the Ampex corp which they

manufactured as virtually exact copies without license or royalties

after the war.

Say "hello" to nurse Ratched for me!

As long as we are on memory lane, years ago in Bogota, Colombia, I knew a
former German officer that was Hitler's personal tape recorder engineer. The
tape recorder was designed to protect Hitler from being bombed to
smithereens.

Hitler's problem was that whenever he got on the air with a speech, Allied
RDF would triangulate on the transmitter and fast bombers were sent in to
bomb it. Since his speeches were often quite lengthy, the Allies had plenty
of time to get to most German sites. Apparently Hitler had several
near-misses.

The Germans tried disk transcription and wire recorders, but neither had
enough fidelity to "fool" the Allies. But magnetic tape was
indistinguishable from "live," thus preserving the Fuehrer's life for the
glory of the Third Reich.

This was one of two encounters I had in South America with ODESSA.

Bill

From: Androcles on

"Bill Miller" <billmillerkt4ye(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> [...]
Why Aut thinks the Eurovision Song Contest is a myth we'll never know.
Top choice was the popular duet, "Deutschland, Duetschland Uber
Alles", with yes votes from Norway, the Netherlands, France, Belgium,
Poland, Czechoslovakia... Terry Wogan hosted it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8tuRKUlUS4

From: Benj on
On Oct 21, 2:49 pm, "Bill Miller" <billmillerkt...(a)worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

> Hitler's problem was that whenever he got on the air with a speech, Allied
> RDF would triangulate on the transmitter and fast bombers were sent in to
> bomb it. Since his speeches were often quite lengthy, the Allies had plenty
> of time to get to most German sites. Apparently Hitler had several
> near-misses.

> Bill

Great Story, Bill!
Say, you didn't happen to run into the Fuhrer himself roaming around
down there did you? I heard rumors that He and his family were living
back in the weeds somewhere... He probably would be hard to spot
without that silly mustache.

[reminds me of the Monty Python sketch of a "Mr. Hilter" living in a
rooming house in London...]