From: Bob Williams on
Kabuki wrote:
>>> I never use extract
>>> In PS 4 was a selection tutorial and I learned from that
>>>
>>> do you have magnetic lasso in version 7?
>>>
>>> I use a combination of tools and also depends upon the photo background
>>> If there are large similar color background like a cyc I use Select>color
>>> range (then inverse)
>>> also the magic wand at various tolerances can be used to clean up messy
>>> areas
>>> I also like the magnetic lasso for that, as it hugs to edges as you go
>>> around
>>>
>>> many people like the pen tool (I don't)
>>>
>>> another completely different method is using channels
>>> it seems complex but if you follow along the steps it is not bad
>>>
>>> http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/AdvancedMasking.mov (long load
>>> time-wait)
>>>
>>> "Bob Williams" <mytbobnospam(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> "Bob Williams" <mytbobnospam(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>> Yes! I have the Magnetic Lasso in PS 7.0
>> I sometimes use it for selecting detail but selecting stuff like hair,
>> fur, feathers, etc., drives me nuts.
>> I've been considering a Wacom tablet but haven't taken the "plunge" yet.
>> Bob
>
> DID you try the video method I posted- it is specifically about doing
> blowing hair!! the most accurate way I have seen so far
>
> Please for sake of continuity do not top post but reply below

Yep! I just visited the site and it was very interesting.
The tutor is really good and funny too.
The procedure worked quite well.
It does look quite complicated at first but if I watch the video a few
times and make notes as I go along, I think I can pull it off OK.
After I do it a bunch of times, it may become second nature.
Thanks for the tip.
Bob