From: KLS on
Yeah, I already have one separated portable FM, but as you see, I'm looking
for solution that will merge the radio with Pocket PC (as you see, not all
people are old fashioned :)).

From: Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices on
I assume you are you referring to the Palm one? The Palm one would work on a
PPC if someone would write the software for it. Don't understand why they
(Ibiz or the OEM) haven't. There are a heck of a lot of SDIO PPCs out
there. More than there are CF capable ones.

Actually I go along with Sooner Al, based on the fact these tuners have
their own audio out jack. That means you cannot use the PPC sound system to
operate the sound, or record a program; the sound isn't routed through the
PPC. So all you really get is a PPC user interface and power draw on the
PPC. The extra SD doohickey you have to carry is not significantly smaller
than many FM receivers these days, and I am always concerned about the
fragility of the SD tab with a big honking device stuck on the top. Not that
I'm old fashioned like Al, I just don't see the benefit.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices

From: alan smith on
DAB radio is the new thing, FM *is* old fashioned.

From: Dale DePriest on

KLS wrote:

> Hi,
> does anybody know where could I find/buy FM tuner as an SDIO? By now, I
> found only for Palm (http://store.yahoo.com/ibizpda/sdposp.html), so that's
> one more thing that confuses me. If it's SDIO, shouldn't it mean it works on
> all SDIO compatible devices?

SDIO applies to the hardware interface. You still need a program to
interface with it. The radio would work fine if you had some way to
control it.

Dale

--
_ _ Dale DePriest