From: Androcles on

"Pentcho Valev" <pvalev(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
| Pentcho Valev wrote:
| > However one is entitled to assume that this "stretching" is just as
| > silly as the variation of the speed of light with the speed of the
| > observer and advance the following argument...
|
| Mistake: I wrote "speed of light" instead of "wavelength". Here is the
| corrected text:
|
| The formula:
|
| (frequency) = (speed of light)/(wavelength)
|
| has always been a nightmare in Einsteiniana. This formula makes the
| obvious fact "Both the frequency and the speed of light vary with the
| speed of the observer", a fact consistent with both Maxwell's theory
| and Newton's emission theory of light (but not with Divine Albert's
| Divine Special Relativity), too obvious. That is, even in
| Einsteiniana's schizophrenic world, where any idiocy is welcome, the
| formula might prove dangerous for Einstein's 1905 false light
| postulate. So Einsteinians fiercely teach that it is the wavelength
| that varies with the speed of the observer:
|
| http://sampit.geol.sc.edu/Doppler.html
| "Moving observer: A man is standing on the beach, watching the tide.
| The waves are washing into the shore and over his feet with a constant
| frequency and wavelength. However, if he begins walking out into the
| ocean, the waves will begin hitting him more frequently, leading him
| to perceive that the wavelength of the waves has decreased."

Moving observer: A man is driving a car over a bumpy road.
The bumps arrive at his wheels with constant frequency and
wavelength. However, if he begins driving faster, the bumps will
begin hitting him more frequently, leading him to perceive that
the wavelength of the bumps has decreased.

PREMISE 1: The FREQUENCY of light cannot vary with the speed of the
observer.

PREMISE 2: (wavelength) = (speed of light)/(frequency)

CONCLUSION: The speed of light varies with the speed of the observer,
that is, the speed of light is relative.