From: Pentcho Valev on
PREMISE: The speed of light varies with the gravitational potential
(c'=c(1+phi/c^2) according to Newton's emission theory of light and
c'=c(1+2phi/c^2) according to Einstein's general relativity).

CONCLUSION 1: Light emitted by a celestial body with a substantial
gravitational field leaves the field and continues its journey with
speed c' lower than c (part of the redshift is due to this).

CONCLUSION 2: Light emitted by the top of a tower reaches an observer
on the ground with speed c' higher than c. Equivalently, light emitted
by the front end of an accelerating rocket reaches an observer at the
back end with speed c' higher than c (that is, the speed of light
varies with the speed of the observer, in contradiction with
Einstein's 1905 false light postulate).

Pentcho Valev
pvalev(a)yahoo.com
From: kenseto on
On Aug 7, 1:16 am, Pentcho Valev <pva...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> PREMISE: The speed of light varies with the gravitational potential
> (c'=c(1+phi/c^2) according to Newton's emission theory of light and
> c'=c(1+2phi/c^2) according to Einstein's general relativity).
>
> CONCLUSION 1: Light emitted by a celestial body with a substantial
> gravitational field leaves the field and continues its journey with
> speed c' lower than c (part of the redshift is due to this).
>
> CONCLUSION 2: Light emitted by the top of a tower reaches an observer
> on the ground with speed c' higher than c. Equivalently, light emitted
> by the front end of an accelerating rocket reaches an observer at the
> back end with speed c' higher than c (that is, the speed of light
> varies with the speed of the observer, in contradiction with
> Einstein's 1905 false light postulate).

The speed of incoming light from s moving sodium source is calculated
as follows:
c'=(measured frequency)(universal wavelength of sodium 589 nm)

Ken seto

From: Tom Roberts on
Pentcho Valev wrote:
> PREMISE: The speed of light varies with the gravitational potential
> (c'=c(1+phi/c^2) according to Newton's emission theory of light and
> c'=c(1+2phi/c^2) according to Einstein's general relativity).

This last is just plain wrong. In GR, light always follows a null geodesic,
which means that a local measurement of a light ray's speed will always yield c
(measurement made in a locally-inertial frame using standard clocks and rulers).
This is completely independent of where the light ray was emitted or where the
measurement is made.

> CONCLUSION 1: [...]

Your conclusions are just plain wrong, based on a false premise. You REALLY need
to learn about the basics of GR....

Tom Roberts
From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/7/10 11:41 AM, bert wrote:
> If Einstein gave us nothing more than c is the fastest he would left
> his mark on astronomy. He is known for E=MC^2 I am known for
> G=EMC^2 Yet I have given a theory on every thing. Reality is I am
> more clever and lived longer than Einstein. He had the pleasure of a
> one on one meeting with me.He got a compass as a kid I got a gyro,and
> that is what made me smarter O ya My ego is showing TreBert

Einstein had the advantage over you, Herb, in that observations
and experiments agree with relativity predictions, whereas your
equation and theories are just nonsense. Oh yeah!

From: bert on
On Aug 7, 1:05 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/7/10 11:41 AM, bert wrote:
>
> > If Einstein gave us nothing more than c is the fastest he would left
> > his mark on astronomy. He is known for E=MC^2   I am known for
> > G=EMC^2  Yet I have given a theory on every thing. Reality is I am
> > more clever and lived longer than Einstein. He had the pleasure of a
> > one on one meeting with me.He got a compass as a kid I got a gyro,and
> > that is what made me smarter  O ya  My ego is showing   TreBert
>
>    Einstein had the advantage over you, Herb, in that observations
>    and experiments agree with relativity predictions, whereas your
>    equation and theories are just nonsense. Oh yeah!

Sam its O ya Get it right. I have experiments that also prove some of
my theories. I also build the boats I sail. I also never told God did
not throw dice. Always knew the universe was changing and had a
start(BB) Love QM Get the picture TreBert