From: dbnelson on
I need space on my C: drive and would like to delete or Reinstall this file
on another drive. I believe it is generated when loading Front Page
Extensions. When trying to delete another program is using but I don't know
which.
Any suggestions?
--
Generations Ranch
From: Jason Gurtz on
On 7/25/2005 12:47, dbnelson wrote:
> I need space on my C: drive and would like to delete or Reinstall this file
> on another drive. I believe it is generated when loading Front Page
> Extensions. When trying to delete another program is using but I don't know
> which.
> Any suggestions?

Fire up process explorer from sysinternals and use the "find handle..."
function in the find menu to search for that string "fpse_search" that'll
tell you what running exe has that file open.

~Jason

From: dbnelson on
Loaded program but doesn't find FPSE_Search
--
Generations Ranch

From: Jason Gurtz on
On 7/29/2005 10:30, dbnelson wrote:
> Loaded program but doesn't find FPSE_Search

Heh, buggy. If you truly want to get rid of it, change the permissions on
the file to just everyone, no access, and nothing else. Then, reboot,
give yourself perms on the file and delete it.

~Jason