From: AwesomeDigital3 on
I can FTP just fine using my browser with a login.
But when I try with Dreamweaver, it logs in, just keeps trying (Progress bar,
Progress Bar, ...) then skips file.
Unfortunately the file on my server is then empy and I am hosed.
Then I must go to the manual FTP process.

I have tried re-setting the FTP options several times (CS3)

My somebody be able to give me an DW tweaking suggestions?

Thanks
Mathias

From: Searcherx on
There is no such thing I'm afraid, DW has an extremely crappy ftp engine ever
since version 1 (whatever that was). I'd expect the developers to spend some
time on such a crucial component but surprisingly there hasn't been any
improvement on this part of dw as long as I can remember.

Just like you said, you use the same settings on a different ftp client which
works smoothly and DW just gives you the progress bar progress bar progress bar
progress bar and again progress bar..

Sometimes it helps to disconnect the site and reconnect again.

From: AwesomeDigital3 on
Yes, that is what I usually end up doing.

Kill DW using the Task Manager. Then curse the name of whatever developer
wrote the software.

Why would people use DW if one of the primary needed features, updating your
site, works randomly?

From: Murray *ACE* on
DW's FTP is all I have ever used.

Connection problems as described are almost always related to your Firewall.
What are you running?

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Adobe Community Expert