From: Sean Conolly on
"Steve M" <mcsteve1350x(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> "JWald" wrote:
>> What is a fair price to pay when the gear is supplied. For a 4 pc band
>> making 400. or less a show, I have no idea what the pay should be.
>
> I think you'll have a hard time finding someone competent that you can
> afford.
> What you describe is called a briefcase gig. No gear supplied or
> handled. Just set the mics, tweak system, do sound check, and
> mix show. My rate for friends is 150/show. Maybe 100 if it's
> just a solo acoustic act. Cases where it's a call out of the blue
> from a complete stranger (band or promoter) I get 200-250.
> While this might seem like a lot of money to some, keep in mind
> that I was getting 150/night in 1985 to do the same type of work.
> It's my opinion that the pay rate for sound guys has not kept pace
> with the cost of other services over the years.

It's about the same for the bands. A lot of guys I know are playing for
about what I was making in '81 at that level.

Sean

From: Ty Ford on
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:50:58 -0400, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote
(in article <SpWdnbDRaOfp7ITRnZ2dnUVZ_qKdnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>):

> "JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message
>> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message

>>> who transports , sets up, tears down, stores rig, do you provide a ride
>>> to the gig
>>> you can get a guy like me to walk in to a set up rig for a small club
>>> run it then leave it for someone else to pack it up for 200$ a night,
>>> MUCH more for theaters and "real" shows
>>> you can hire a shmoe for probably 50$ a night and he will drive the
>>> truck do load in and load out to boot, if he can get up by 7pm due to
>>> his hangover and crack habit
>>> George
>>>
>> Basically, all we need is for the guy to come in and spin them knobs.
>> We'll do the in, out, and transport.
>> We've been the shmoe route, and that has been me.
>>
>> --
>> J Wald
>> --
>>
> weekdays for bar gigs 100$ ought get you a guy, weekends , esp summer
> weekend, 150 to 200 though most good techs will be booked months in advance
> george

George,

How many sets do you include in that?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Ty Ford" <tyreeford(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:50:58 -0400, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote
> (in article <SpWdnbDRaOfp7ITRnZ2dnUVZ_qKdnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>):
>

>> "JWald" <wldj4(a)grics.net> wrote in message
>>> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Basically, all we need is for the guy to come in and spin them knobs.
>>> We'll do the in, out, and transport.
>>> We've been the shmoe route, and that has been me.
>>>
>>> --
>>> J Wald
>>> --
>>>
>> weekdays for bar gigs 100$ ought get you a guy, weekends , esp summer
>> weekend, 150 to 200 though most good techs will be booked months in
>> advance
>> george
>>

> George,
>
> How many sets do you include in that?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ty Ford

4 hour gig, play 1 4 hour set or one 10 minute set with a 3 hour and 50
minute break, doesnt really matter to me :-)