From: Gareth Magennis on
Hi,

looking for a source of fan filter material for power amps.
I need strips to go across the whole 19 inch rack front of the amps intakes,
as in the old Crown MA2400 arrangement. (The ones I have are actually
Studiomaster 1600D's)

Googling only throws up square filters for direct fitting onto fans, or very
expensive rolls of white material from RS.

Where can you get this very light foamy stuff?

Cheers,

Gareth.

From: Ron on
On 21/07/2010 13:36, Gareth Magennis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> looking for a source of fan filter material for power amps.
> I need strips to go across the whole 19 inch rack front of the amps intakes,
> as in the old Crown MA2400 arrangement. (The ones I have are actually
> Studiomaster 1600D's)
>
> Googling only throws up square filters for direct fitting onto fans, or very
> expensive rolls of white material from RS.
>
> Where can you get this very light foamy stuff?
>

> Cheers,
>

> Gareth.

Some cooker hoods have a foam filter ahead of the paper one,maybe try a
shop which sells domestic appliance spares.

Ron

From: Gareth Magennis on

"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
> On 21/07/2010 13:36, Gareth Magennis wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> looking for a source of fan filter material for power amps.
>> I need strips to go across the whole 19 inch rack front of the amps
>> intakes,
>> as in the old Crown MA2400 arrangement. (The ones I have are actually
>> Studiomaster 1600D's)
>>
>> Googling only throws up square filters for direct fitting onto fans, or
>> very
>> expensive rolls of white material from RS.
>>
>> Where can you get this very light foamy stuff?
>>

>> Cheers,
>>

>> Gareth.
>>

> Some cooker hoods have a foam filter ahead of the paper one,maybe try a
> shop which sells domestic appliance spares.
>
> Ron

Cheers, Ron. That made me think of vacuum cleaner filters too. Might take
a trip to Comet then.

Cheers,

Gareth.

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Gareth Magennis" <sound.service(a)btconnect.com> wrote in message

> "Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
>> On 21/07/2010 13:36, Gareth Magennis wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> looking for a source of fan filter material for power amps.
>>> I need strips to go across the whole 19 inch rack front of the amps
>>> intakes,
>>> as in the old Crown MA2400 arrangement. (The ones I have are actually
>>> Studiomaster 1600D's)
>>>
>>> Googling only throws up square filters for direct fitting onto fans, or
>>> very
>>> expensive rolls of white material from RS.
>>>
>>> Where can you get this very light foamy stuff?
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>

>>> Gareth.
>>>

>> Some cooker hoods have a foam filter ahead of the paper one,maybe try a
>> shop which sells domestic appliance spares.
>>
>> Ron
>>

> Cheers, Ron. That made me think of vacuum cleaner filters too. Might
> take a trip to Comet then.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Gareth.
Air conditioner filters would work as well. available everywhere air
conditioners are sold

From: liquidator on

"George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Gareth Magennis" <sound.service(a)btconnect.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message

>>> Some cooker hoods have a foam filter ahead of the paper one,maybe try a
>>> shop which sells domestic appliance spares.
>>>
>>> Ron
>>>

>> Cheers, Ron. That made me think of vacuum cleaner filters too. Might
>> take a trip to Comet then.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>

>> Gareth.
> Air conditioner filters would work as well. available everywhere air
> conditioners are sold

To amplify on George's post...HVAC shops have the material in bulk, saves
them stocking lots of filters, they just cut to size. Any place that repairs
home window AC units should have it or be able to get it...