From: Ron on
On Jan 21, 10:06 pm, "Lil' Abner" <blv...(a)dogpatch.com> wrote:
> Andy Walker <awal...(a)nspank.invalid> wrote innews:4b584aca.691444390(a)news..webtv.com:
>
> > Lil' Abner wrote:
>
> >>I'm sure someone here is familiar with fastbrowsersearch but I've
> >>never seen it discussed. A friend of mine contracted it from facebook
> >>and it has totally crippled his ability to go anywhere, Malwarebytes
> >>doen't touch it. Superantispyware doesn't touch it, and so far none of
> >>the "solutions" that I've googled for has touched it.
> >>How do you get rid of it?
>
> > The info I found in searches suggests that it's adware.  Have you
> > tried using Ad-Aware?http://www.lavasoft.com/single/trialpay.php
>
> Nope. Didn't try that one. I'll have to download it and get it to him some
> way or another since the only place he can go is his home page and
> fastbrowsersearch.com
> Thanks for the suggestion.

If you haven't resolved the problem yet I would try Spyware Doctor
free from Google Pack (XP or higher) and a-squared Free 4.5.

http://pack.google.com/intl/en/pack_installer.html

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/
From: Dustin Cook on
"Lil' Abner" <blvstk(a)dogpatch.com> wrote in

> I'm sure someone here is familiar with fastbrowsersearch but I've
> never seen it discussed. A friend of mine contracted it from facebook
> and it has totally crippled his ability to go anywhere, Malwarebytes
> doen't touch it. Superantispyware doesn't touch it, and so far none of
> the "solutions" that I've googled for has touched it.
> How do you get rid of it?

Hi Abner,

Any chance you can acquire a sample for analysis? I was under the mistaken!
impression we got those. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
"Is there anything in Guul Draz that doesn't suck the life out of you?"
- Tarsa, Sea Gate sell-sword.

From: Lil' Abner on
Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in

> "Lil' Abner" <blvstk(a)dogpatch.com> wrote in
>
>> I'm sure someone here is familiar with fastbrowsersearch but I've
>> never seen it discussed. A friend of mine contracted it from facebook
>> and it has totally crippled his ability to go anywhere, Malwarebytes
>> doen't touch it. Superantispyware doesn't touch it, and so far none
>> of the "solutions" that I've googled for has touched it.
>> How do you get rid of it?
>>

> Hi Abner,
>
> Any chance you can acquire a sample for analysis? I was under the
> mistaken! impression we got those. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll see what I can do. This friend lives in another town and we have been
communicating by phone. I know he still hasn't gotten rid of it and I
suspect he'll be bringing it to me before too long.

--
--- Everybody has a right to my opinion. ---
From: Ron on
On Jan 24, 10:03 pm, "Lil' Abner" <blv...(a)dogpatch.com> wrote:
> Dustin Cook <bughunter.dus...(a)gmail.com> wrote innews:Xns9D0A21AD2AF6HHI2948AJD832(a)69.16.185.247:
>
> > "Lil' Abner" <blv...(a)dogpatch.com> wrote in
>
> >> I'm sure someone here is familiar with fastbrowsersearch but I've
> >> never seen it discussed. A friend of mine contracted it from facebook
> >> and it has totally crippled his ability to go anywhere, Malwarebytes
> >> doen't touch it. Superantispyware doesn't touch it, and so far none
> >> of the "solutions" that I've googled for has touched it.
> >> How do you get rid of it?
>
> > Hi Abner,
>
> > Any chance you can acquire a sample for analysis? I was under the
> > mistaken! impression we got those. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> I'll see what I can do. This friend lives in another town and we have been
> communicating by phone. I know he still hasn't gotten rid of it and I
> suspect he'll be bringing it to me before too long.

Send me an email with "Fast browser search" in the subject line to
bigelile at cfl.rr.com and I might be able to help you out.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: MSE 2