From: Lil' Abner on
I'm sure someone here is familiar with fastbrowsersearch but I've never
seen it discussed. A friend of mine contracted it from facebook and it has
totally crippled his ability to go anywhere, Malwarebytes doen't touch it.
Superantispyware doesn't touch it, and so far none of the "solutions" that
I've googled for has touched it.
How do you get rid of it?

--
--- Everybody has a right to my opinion. ---
From: JD on
Lil' Abner wrote:
> I'm sure someone here is familiar with fastbrowsersearch but I've never
> seen it discussed. A friend of mine contracted it from facebook and it has
> totally crippled his ability to go anywhere, Malwarebytes doen't touch it.
> Superantispyware doesn't touch it, and so far none of the "solutions" that
> I've googled for has touched it.
> How do you get rid of it?

I'm not familiar with fastbrowsersearch and the link provided by the
person calling himself "The Real Truth MVP" does appear to have
instructions to remove fastbrowsersearch, I must mention that the real
truth mvp is not a mvp.

The Real Truth MVP is not listed on the MVP list:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

The web page http://www.ms-mvp.org/ uses Godaddy's stealth
frame-redirection to redirect you to:
http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm

Check out �pcbutts� using your favorite search engine.

Can you really trust someone like this?

Be sure to let us all know how you got rid of fastbrowsersearch.

--
JD..
From: JD on
The Real Truth MVP wrote:
> Did you try here http://help.fastbrowsersearch.com/

Chris, are you feeling OK?

I have to mention that The Real Truth MVP is not listed on the MVP list:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

The web page http://www.ms-mvp.org/ uses Godaddy's stealth
frame-redirection to redirect you to:
http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm

Check out �pcbutts� using your favorite search engine.

Can you really trust someone like this? Do you really want to download
his software and/or follow his advice?

--
JD..
From: Andy Walker on
Lil' Abner wrote:

>I'm sure someone here is familiar with fastbrowsersearch but I've never
>seen it discussed. A friend of mine contracted it from facebook and it has
>totally crippled his ability to go anywhere, Malwarebytes doen't touch it.
>Superantispyware doesn't touch it, and so far none of the "solutions" that
>I've googled for has touched it.
>How do you get rid of it?

The info I found in searches suggests that it's adware. Have you
tried using Ad-Aware? http://www.lavasoft.com/single/trialpay.php
From: Lil' Abner on
Andy Walker <awalker(a)nspank.invalid> wrote in

> Lil' Abner wrote:
>
>>I'm sure someone here is familiar with fastbrowsersearch but I've
>>never seen it discussed. A friend of mine contracted it from facebook
>>and it has totally crippled his ability to go anywhere, Malwarebytes
>>doen't touch it. Superantispyware doesn't touch it, and so far none of
>>the "solutions" that I've googled for has touched it.
>>How do you get rid of it?
>
> The info I found in searches suggests that it's adware. Have you
> tried using Ad-Aware? http://www.lavasoft.com/single/trialpay.php

Nope. Didn't try that one. I'll have to download it and get it to him some
way or another since the only place he can go is his home page and
fastbrowsersearch.com
Thanks for the suggestion.

--
--- Everybody has a right to my opinion. ---
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: MSE 2
Next: remove it downloaded 01-24-10