From: Justin on
Carl wrote on [Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:35:09 -0400]:
> Justin wrote:
>> Carl wrote on [Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:04:28 -0400]:

>>> I don't doubt the "difference" part, but I don't see the "hassle"
>>> part either. You open the app, press the "Kill" button, and you're
>>> done. I do it maybe once a day.
>>
>> And then it has killed processes I didn't want killed.
>>

> You can uncheck the boxes of the apps you don't want killed. They remain
> unchecked the next time they start. It's actually pretty easy and pretty
> reliable.

I didn't find it that reliable. It also killed things like my launcher
and my alarm clock

>> That is a good question. Some apps start due to events, and really,
>> does Verizon really need to install the City ID app (2.99 a month I
>> think) on every phone?
>>

> Yes, the City ID is one of the apps that starts itself. I don't get it. I
> think I uninstalled it (I have to check) and it still starts itself...but,
> ATK does shut it down for quite some time until it restarts eventually, days
> later.

I find City ID always starts when I get a phone call.
I can't uninstall it.
From: Carl on
Justin wrote:
> Carl wrote on [Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:35:09 -0400]:
>> Justin wrote:

>>> And then it has killed processes I didn't want killed.
>>>

>> You can uncheck the boxes of the apps you don't want killed. They
>> remain unchecked the next time they start. It's actually pretty easy
>> and pretty reliable.
>
> I didn't find it that reliable. It also killed things like my launcher
> and my alarm clock
>
>>> That is a good question. Some apps start due to events, and really,
>>> does Verizon really need to install the City ID app (2.99 a month I
>>> think) on every phone?
>>>

>> Yes, the City ID is one of the apps that starts itself. I don't get
>> it. I think I uninstalled it (I have to check) and it still starts
>> itself...but, ATK does shut it down for quite some time until it
>> restarts eventually, days later.
>
> I find City ID always starts when I get a phone call.
> I can't uninstall it.

I am probably wrong about my uninstall attempt. I think I didn't even try
because it came already loaded on the phone. But it is annoying. It might
be fine if it were free, but it's a non-transparent attempt to get a monthly
fee out of you.