From: Steve Hughins on
When I double click on a Word or Excel file, the program opens, but the
document does not display. I can start the program, either Word or Excel,
click on the open icon folder, 'see' the files within My Documents, double
click on any file and it opens and displays, like it should. Is there a
setting that is causing this probelm?

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Steve
From: Robert M. Franz (RMF) on
Hello Steve

Steve Hughins wrote:
> When I double click on a Word or Excel file, the program opens, but the
> document does not display. I can start the program, either Word or Excel,
> click on the open icon folder, 'see' the files within My Documents, double
> click on any file and it opens and displays, like it should. Is there a
> setting that is causing this probelm?

try the following:

How to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files (by Cindy
Meister)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
From: Steve Hughins on
Robert,

Tried your suggestion. Did not change the problem.

Remember, this happens on both Word and Excel.

From: Robert M. Franz (RMF) on
Steve Hughins wrote:
> Tried your suggestion. Did not change the problem.
>
> Remember, this happens on both Word and Excel.

sorry, then I don't have much more to add. If nobody else jumps in here,
maybe try one of the office newsgroups.

Good luck!
Robert
--