From: kirkm on

I had a hardrive crash which upset Firefix, which I had to re-install.
I lost the filetype icon for .html files and the usual -
Tools-Folder Options-File Types- HTML-Advanced-Change Icon - doesn't
work.
The files open in Firefox ok, and the Browse dialog shows the icon to
select, but they won't come up in Explorer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Kirk

--
kirkm
kirkm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/111524.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Elmo on
kirkm wrote:
> I had a hardrive crash which upset Firefix, which I had to re-install.
> I lost the filetype icon for .html files and the usual -
> Tools-Folder Options-File Types- HTML-Advanced-Change Icon - doesn't
> work.
> The files open in Firefox ok, and the Browse dialog shows the icon to
> select, but they won't come up in Explorer.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Kirk

Try the HTM/HTML file association fix here:

http://dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

Afterwards, you may have to associate the filetypes with Firefox again;
I believe they'll be changed to IE.

--
Joe =o)
From: kirkm on

Thanks Joe, that did change to IE but after re-associating with
Firefox, the IE icon stays and still won't change back (to Firefox) !

Ah well... progress of sorts!

Cheers - Kirk

From: Elmo on
kirkm wrote:
> Thanks Joe, that did change to IE but after re-associating with
> Firefox, the IE icon stays and still won't change back (to Firefox) !
>
> Ah well... progress of sorts!
>
> Cheers - Kirk

Maybe this will help.. open the Start Menu, click "Set program access
and defaults", click the down arrow right of "Custom", under "Choose
default web browser, click the circle left of Mozilla Firefox, click OK.

--
Joe =o)
From: kirkm on

Joe, I don't seem to have a "Set program access
and defaults" option there. Can you give me any more info?
Thanks.