From: Alain Dekker on
I've got a folder containing a bunch of ZIP files. When I view the list of
files in Windows Explorer, the name of the file (and attributes like "Size"
when viewed in Details view) are coloured blue in Explorer, some black.
Usually all files are coloured black when I view them in Explorer. This is
true in all the possible view styles (Thumbnail, List, etc).

I've tried working out why by looking at the properties of the files, but
they all look similar. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alain

From: Gordon on

"Alain Dekker" <alain.dekker(a)NO.SPAM.loma.com> wrote in message
> I've got a folder containing a bunch of ZIP files. When I view the list of
> files in Windows Explorer, the name of the file (and attributes like
> "Size" when viewed in Details view) are coloured blue in Explorer, some
> black. Usually all files are coloured black when I view them in Explorer.
> This is true in all the possible view styles (Thumbnail, List, etc).
>
> I've tried working out why by looking at the properties of the files, but
> they all look similar. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Alain

The blue files have been compressed.

From: John Inzer on
Alain Dekker wrote:
> I've got a folder containing a bunch of ZIP files. When I view the
> list of files in Windows Explorer, the name of the file (and
> attributes like "Size" when viewed in Details view) are coloured blue
> in Explorer, some black. Usually all files are coloured black when I
> view them in Explorer. This is true in all the possible view styles
> (Thumbnail, List, etc).
> I've tried working out why by looking at the properties of the files,
> but they all look similar. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Alain
=================================
As Gordon stated...
"The blue files have been compressed".

If you right click one of the blue files and go to...
Properties / General tab / Advanced button...
you will find a checkmark in the
"Compress contents to save disk space" box.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Bob I on
Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, View, Show encrypted or
compressed NTFS files in color. Toggle to suite preference.

From: Jim on
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:48:13 -0000, "Alain Dekker"
<alain.dekker(a)NO.SPAM.loma.com> wrote:

>I've got a folder containing a bunch of ZIP files. When I view the list of
>files in Windows Explorer, the name of the file (and attributes like "Size"
>when viewed in Details view) are coloured blue in Explorer, some black.
>Usually all files are coloured black when I view them in Explorer. This is
>true in all the possible view styles (Thumbnail, List, etc).
>
>I've tried working out why by looking at the properties of the files, but
>they all look similar. Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>Alain

Blue = zipped ; black = non-zipped .