From: ralph on
On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 23:26:31 -0400, "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:

>: On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 14:45:01 -0700, Bee <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
>: wrote:
>:
>:
>: No.
>:
>: If you are doing that much source code (text) editing, save the
>: project and edit the source files outside the IDE using a programmers
>: editor. There are many fine one available.
>:
>
>Here we go. One search. Google is your friend, peeps
>
>http://www.brothersoft.com/ccrp-findall-search-add-in-140705.html

lol

Saying 'no' is the same as saying 'never' and one should never say
"never".

-ralph
From: Bee on
For example, if I wamt to find something that is as the end of a line.
In one case I was trying to find the use of End.
Searching for End find lots of End If and others but stepping through 70,000
lines of code takes way to long.
If I could have done RegEx then finding End alone woukd be much easier.

From: Bee on
notes say nothing about RegeX
DLL will not register.
can't find VBADDIN.INI file to change. Where is it?

From: FM on
Bee, for a quick solution try using an external editor as ralph suggested.
Notepad++ is good enough and free and has syntax highlighting.

If you copy your code into Notepad++ and select VB in the language menu and
then search for "End", every instance of the word searched gets highlighted
as though it were in a coloured label. It should take less than 10 minutes
to scroll through 70000 lines of code to see each instance of "End".

Regards
FM

From: C. Kevin Provance on

"Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391213AA-7372-4333-9759-DDA4D665C3A3(a)microsoft.com...
: notes say nothing about RegeX
: DLL will not register.
: can't find VBADDIN.INI file to change. Where is it?

Google "install VB addin -.net"
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: RichTextBox WordWrap