From: Bee on
Is there a Find Addin that uses RegX?
I am wasting much time with the poor VB6 IDE find tool.
Thanks.

From: ralph on
On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 14:45:01 -0700, Bee <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Is there a Find Addin that uses RegX?
>I am wasting much time with the poor VB6 IDE find tool.
>Thanks.

No.

If you are doing that much source code (text) editing, save the
project and edit the source files outside the IDE using a programmers
editor. There are many fine one available.

-ralph
From: Nobody on
"Bee" <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a Find Addin that uses RegX?
> I am wasting much time with the poor VB6 IDE find tool.

Can you give an example of what you are trying to find just in case there is
something that you missed?

I don't know off hand of Addins that do RegX, but PSPad editor has RegX
finder, and it's freeware and offer syntax color highlighting.

http://www.pspad.com/en/

If you are trying to find code that is not commented, use MZTools Find. I
use it to locate the one or two "Debug.Print" that I forgot to comment out
of hundreds of "Debug.Print" statements. MZTools just shows the remaining
ones.

Finally, Unix/Linux have a file searcher tool that use regular expressions
that is called "Grep". Borland products install a Windows equivalent tool if
you have Turbo C++/Delphi installed. Otherwise, you can use "FindStr" which
comes with Windows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grep

From: C. Kevin Provance on

"ralph" <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.net> wrote in message news:tlrfr594qrp0udg02gnn5d732rfjiq2e02(a)4ax.com...
: On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 14:45:01 -0700, Bee <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
: wrote:
:
:
: No.
:

Maybe yes? Jonathan from CCRP had an awesome Find addin that destroys VB's. If you can't find it via Google, you might ask Karl Peterson nicely if he has a copy...or I could send you mine if Karl says it's okay.
From: C. Kevin Provance on
: On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 14:45:01 -0700, Bee <Bee(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
: wrote:
:
:
: No.
:
: If you are doing that much source code (text) editing, save the
: project and edit the source files outside the IDE using a programmers
: editor. There are many fine one available.
:

Here we go. One search. Google is your friend, peeps

http://www.brothersoft.com/ccrp-findall-search-add-in-140705.html
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: RichTextBox WordWrap