From: Karl E. Peterson on
Mayayana explained on 7/1/2010 :
>> Looking like this one isn't supported by dirt-standard 'edit' controls?
>
> No. I don't know how to tell which EM_* messages
> are supported where except by checking each one in the
> docs. EM_FINDTEXT, and many others, say "....within a
> rich edit control".

Yeah, I've seen that, but it seems I recall others that also said that
*and* also worked in plain edit controls. Probably a good warning,
though.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Kevin Provance on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
: Mayayana explained on 7/1/2010 :
: >> Looking like this one isn't supported by dirt-standard 'edit' controls?
: >
:
: Yeah, I've seen that, but it seems I recall others that also said that
: *and* also worked in plain edit controls. Probably a good warning,
: though.
:
: --
: .NET: It's About Trust!
: http://vfred.mvps.org

EM_FINDTEXT and EM_FINDTEXTEX (unicode support) both fail on standard
textboxes. It returns a 0 and a LastDLL error of 0 (while a failure on a
RTB kicks back a -1). The MSFT docs says specifically for RTB.

Anyways, I wrote up something that will work with both rtb and standard
txtbox. It's too big to post here. If you want to see it, I already wrote
it into Karl's project (Note to Karl: I sent you the file, check your mail)
as a module and called the function from the events from the main form. If
you want to see it or have it, or make it better, I can send it to you
[kevin dot provance at gmail dot com].

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Kevin Provance wrote on 7/1/2010 :
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
>> Mayayana explained on 7/1/2010 :
>>>
>>> No. I don't know how to tell which EM_* messages
>>> are supported where except by checking each one in the
>>> docs. EM_FINDTEXT, and many others, say "....within a
>>> rich edit control".
>>
>> Yeah, I've seen that, but it seems I recall others that also said that
>> *and* also worked in plain edit controls. Probably a good warning,
>> though.
>>
>> --
>> .NET: It's About Trust!
>> http://vfred.mvps.org
>
> EM_FINDTEXT and EM_FINDTEXTEX (unicode support) both fail on standard
> textboxes. It returns a 0 and a LastDLL error of 0 (while a failure on a
> RTB kicks back a -1). The MSFT docs says specifically for RTB.
>
> Anyways, I wrote up something that will work with both rtb and standard
> txtbox. It's too big to post here. If you want to see it, I already wrote
> it into Karl's project (Note to Karl: I sent you the file, check your mail)
> as a module and called the function from the events from the main form. If
> you want to see it or have it, or make it better, I can send it to you
> [kevin dot provance at gmail dot com].

Yep, got it, but just trying to tie up a few loose ends before escaping
for a really nice long weekend! :-)

If you don't hear from me sooner, I'm not ignoring things here, I'm
just, well, ignoring things here. So to speak. Heh...

First impressions, very positive! Seems to work well. Haven't picked
at it, much at all, though. Did notice the search didn't wrap? Maybe
that's the standard way, I dunno. Looks too like for a demo that
actually does do find/replace, we'd want to comment out those lines
that sets the search text before the dialog pops. First question I'd
get asked if I published something like this would be, "how do I make
it work with accented characters?" <g>

Have a great Forth!

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Leo on
It happens that Karl E. Peterson formulated :
> Karl E. Peterson submitted this idea :
>> Long story, short, here's the result:
>>
>> http://vb.mvps.org/samples/_beta/FindReplace.zip
>
> Just updated, adding support for the ShowHelp flag, including a new event
> when that button is clicked.

An overall issue I seem to have found, seting sellength in the findnext
event causes the text to be highlihted but it's not visibly highlighted
the same with seting selstart. They get visually set after the box
closes though. I am using a multiline Standard textbox. Ill post the
code once I add code that checks the case , the updown buttons and the
wholeword checkbox.

From: Kevin Provance on
Do you want the code I wrote for that part of it? I don't mind sharing it.
:-)

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

Bawwk! Paulie want a dingleball, bawwk!
"Leo" <ttdhead(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
: It happens that Karl E. Peterson formulated :
: > Karl E. Peterson submitted this idea :
: >> Long story, short, here's the result:
: >>
: >> http://vb.mvps.org/samples/_beta/FindReplace.zip
: >
: > Just updated, adding support for the ShowHelp flag, including a new
event
: > when that button is clicked.
:
: An overall issue I seem to have found, seting sellength in the findnext
: event causes the text to be highlihted but it's not visibly highlighted
: the same with seting selstart. They get visually set after the box
: closes though. I am using a multiline Standard textbox. Ill post the
: code once I add code that checks the case , the updown buttons and the
: wholeword checkbox.
:
: --
: ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
: Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
:
: