From: ihavetoomuch$$$andmynameisbill on

"Rainald Taesler" wrote:

> David Kirk wrote:
> > I have a Gateway CX200X tablet on which I just did a clean install of
> > Windows 7.
> > As a result, the pen is completely disabled. Tablet features are
> > enabled and there are various icons and menus indicating that to be
> > the case but the screen does not recognize the pen at all. Windows
> > update has tried and failed to download a driver; when I search for
> > finepoint drivers, I end up with dead ends. Can anyone help me to
> > get my tablet pen working again on Windows 7 or, in the alternative,
> > how I would go about re-installing Vista, under which the pen worked
> > fine.
>
> Has your machine a Wacom digitizer?
> If so, check for the latest drivers ob the Wacom website.
>
> Rainald
>
> .

this person states finepoint, not wacom..
From: Steve Jain [MVP] on
On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:36:04 -0800, ihavetoomuch$$$andmynameisbill
<ihavetoomuch$$$andmynameisbill(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Rainald Taesler" wrote:
>
>> David Kirk wrote:
>> > I have a Gateway CX200X tablet on which I just did a clean install of
>> > Windows 7.
>> > As a result, the pen is completely disabled. Tablet features are
>> > enabled and there are various icons and menus indicating that to be
>> > the case but the screen does not recognize the pen at all. Windows
>> > update has tried and failed to download a driver; when I search for
>> > finepoint drivers, I end up with dead ends. Can anyone help me to
>> > get my tablet pen working again on Windows 7 or, in the alternative,
>> > how I would go about re-installing Vista, under which the pen worked
>> > fine.
>>
>> Has your machine a Wacom digitizer?
>> If so, check for the latest drivers ob the Wacom website.
>>
>> Rainald
>>
>> .
>>

>this person states finepoint, not wacom..

According to the GAteway site, there don't seem to be any finepoint
drivers for Win 7.
Have you tried the Vista Finepoint drivers?
http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=21486&dscr=Gateway
Finepoint Driver Version: 4.4.1

--
Cheers,