From: traumajohn on
Hi,
I have a Gateway M275 tablet. It has onboard wireless and lan. I am running
XP tablet edition. The other day, I tried to use the Intel PROwireless
configurator utility and it wouldn't launch. I tried to use Windows to find a
wireless network said non found. When I look at the wireless adapter icon in
the tray it say wireless networks available and shows a peer to peer
connect.I reinstalled Intel Pro wireless software, and still couldn't get
onto a wireless site. I ensured that the wireless adapter was on and even
uninstalled and reinstalled the intel network adapter with updated drivers. I
can not get on wireless networks. Only Windows firewall is on and I scanned
for malware and viruses. I used AVG free and Malwarebytes and spyware doctor
and superantispyware. I tried to do a system restore to an earlier time and
had no success, said unable to restore any of the dates I chose. What can I
do now. I also was going to do a chkdsk c /r but gateway has an administrator
password I could figure out.
Thanks,
John