From: John Hill on
Since installing this latest version I have noticed a tendency for the
way across but I am lefte "Waiting for …"

Has anyone else noticed this?

There seems no easy way to report this to the development team :-(

John.

--
Please reply to john at yclept dot wanadoo dot co dot uk.
From: Rowland McDonnell on
John Hill <nemo(a)erewhon.invalid> wrote:

> Since installing this latest version I have noticed a tendency for the
> way across but I am lefte "Waiting for ..."
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> There seems no easy way to report this to the development team :-(

I've had that sort of problem from various different Web browsers.

Any time I find that a given Web browser is playing up like that, I
switch to a different one.

Some time later, the iffy Web browser will probably start to play
normally again.

I've never got to the bottom of it - I /suspect/ some oddity upstream of
the Web browser as it happens. But: if Firefox is NBG on a site, I tend
to try Safari next, then iCab, then Opera - and I've got OmniWeb and
Camino sat there too.

One of 'em'll get there - each of the above Web browsers bar Camino has
been `The only one that works on this site today' at various times.
(Camino is the one I've tended to leave until last so isn't really on
the list - not that I think there's anything sub-standard about it, I
just mostly ignore it).

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address: rowland.mcdonnell(a)dog.physics.org
Sorry - the spam got to me
From: John Hill on
Rowland McDonnell <real-address-in-sig(a)flur.bltigibbet> wrote:

> John Hill <nemo(a)erewhon.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Since installing this latest version I have noticed a tendency for the
> > way across but I am lefte "Waiting for ..."
> >
> > Has anyone else noticed this?
> >
> > There seems no easy way to report this to the development team :-(
>
> I've had that sort of problem from various different Web browsers.
>
> Any time I find that a given Web browser is playing up like that, I
> switch to a different one.
>
> Some time later, the iffy Web browser will probably start to play
> normally again.
>
> I've never got to the bottom of it - I /suspect/ some oddity upstream of
> the Web browser as it happens. But: if Firefox is NBG on a site, I tend
> to try Safari next, then iCab, then Opera - and I've got OmniWeb and
> Camino sat there too.
>
> One of 'em'll get there - each of the above Web browsers bar Camino has
> been `The only one that works on this site today' at various times.
> (Camino is the one I've tended to leave until last so isn't really on
> the list - not that I think there's anything sub-standard about it, I
> just mostly ignore it).
>
> Rowland.

That's pretty much what I do - I suppose the best bet is to try an
alternative browser with a different engine in it.

Sometimes it's the source or the net rather than the browser - I had one
today that wouldn't work in either Firefox or Safari (ironically, it was
a downoad of Opera from CNet), but when I went to the Opera site it
worked at once. Maybe everybody and his uncle were trying the same
download...

John.

--
Please reply to john at yclept dot wanadoo dot co dot uk.