From: Ian McCall on
Caz's birthday saw her become the owner of a shiny new WiFI 64Gb iPad.
She's very much a fan, but BBC iPlayer doesn't seem to work.

We've tried Doctor Who and Top Gear, but all that happens is that the
thumbnail comes up but then a 'sorry, this is unavailable' and no play
button appears. This seems to be for every programme we try.

Anyone else having any luck?

Cheers,
Ian

From: Matthew Sylvester on
Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:

> Anyone else having any luck?

Just tried Sherlock - seems fine. Try going to
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/>
From: Graeme on
In message <8b69mnF9jdU1(a)mid.individual.net>
Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:

> Caz's birthday saw her become the owner of a shiny new WiFI 64Gb iPad.
> She's very much a fan, but BBC iPlayer doesn't seem to work.
>
> We've tried Doctor Who and Top Gear, but all that happens is that the
> thumbnail comes up but then a 'sorry, this is unavailable' and no play
> button appears. This seems to be for every programme we try.
>
> Anyone else having any luck?

You've not seen all the discussions about the iPad not supporting flash?

--
Graeme Wall

My genealogy website <www.greywall.demon.co.uk/genealogy/>
From: SteveH on
Graeme <Graeme(a)greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <8b69mnF9jdU1(a)mid.individual.net>
> Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:
>
> > Caz's birthday saw her become the owner of a shiny new WiFI 64Gb iPad.
> > She's very much a fan, but BBC iPlayer doesn't seem to work.
> >
> > We've tried Doctor Who and Top Gear, but all that happens is that the
> > thumbnail comes up but then a 'sorry, this is unavailable' and no play
> > button appears. This seems to be for every programme we try.
> >
> > Anyone else having any luck?
> >

> You've not seen all the discussions about the iPad not supporting flash?

There's a non-flash version of the iPlayer site.
--
SteveH
From: zoara on
Matthew Sylvester <matthew.sylvester(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:
>
>> Anyone else having any luck?
>
> Just tried Sherlock - seems fine. Try going to
> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/>

Hannah's been using this since the day she got her iPad, and it's been
fine. The only (minor) problem is that the search is very naive; you
have to search using the start of the string and no spaces. So if you're
looking for "Bland Saturday Night Entertainment" then searching for
"blan" or "bland" will find it, but "bland sat" or "night" will not. So
you need to know the exact name of the programme, or at least the exact
start of the name...

-z-

--
email: nettid1 at fastmail dot fm