From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-27 09:19:12 +0100, Graeme said:

> Ah, the downloader is intel only so I haven't played with it (G4 MDD here).

That's a pity, as under the hood it just calls a Ruby script that's
pretty independent of CPU architecture :-(
--
Chris

From: Graeme on
In message <8b7jl5F1tkU1(a)mid.individual.net>
Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:

> On 2010-07-27 09:19:12 +0100, Graeme said:
>
> > Ah, the downloader is intel only so I haven't played with it (G4 MDD here).
>
> That's a pity, as under the hood it just calls a Ruby script that's
> pretty independent of CPU architecture :-(

Looked at it again and it says intel /reccomended/ so I've installed iplayer
desktop and it's now downloading Ian Hislop Goes off the Rails, trouble is it
appears to download in real time so I'll let you know if it works in an hour
or so :-(

--
Graeme Wall

My genealogy website <www.greywall.demon.co.uk/genealogy/>
From: Graeme on
In message <eac84e3d51%Graeme(a)greywall.demon.co.uk>
Graeme <Graeme(a)greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <8b7jl5F1tkU1(a)mid.individual.net>
> Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2010-07-27 09:19:12 +0100, Graeme said:
> >
> > > Ah, the downloader is intel only so I haven't played with it (G4 MDD
> > > here).
> >
> > That's a pity, as under the hood it just calls a Ruby script that's
> > pretty independent of CPU architecture :-(
>
> Looked at it again and it says intel /reccomended/ so I've installed
> iplayer desktop and it's now downloading Ian Hislop Goes off the Rails,
> trouble is it appears to download in real time so I'll let you know if it
> works in an hour or so :-(

OK 50 minutes later I've got an MP4 hidden deep in an iplayer folder
structure in Movies, now transferring to the iPad.

<whistles tunelessly while iPad syncs...>

Hmm, I've tried adding the Movie to iTunes Library but nothing seems to
happen.

Nope, no luck, ah well.

From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-07-27 10:44:46 +0100, Graeme said:

> In message <eac84e3d51%Graeme(a)greywall.demon.co.uk>
> Graeme <Graeme(a)greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> In message <8b7jl5F1tkU1(a)mid.individual.net>
>> Chris Ridd <chrisridd(a)mac.com> wrote:

>>> That's a pity, as under the hood it just calls a Ruby script that's
>>> pretty independent of CPU architecture :-(
>>
>> Looked at it again and it says intel /reccomended/ so I've installed
>> iplayer desktop and it's now downloading Ian Hislop Goes off the Rails,
>> trouble is it appears to download in real time so I'll let you know if it
>> works in an hour or so :-(
>>

> OK 50 minutes later I've got an MP4 hidden deep in an iplayer folder
> structure in Movies, now transferring to the iPad.
>
> <whistles tunelessly while iPad syncs...>
>
> Hmm, I've tried adding the Movie to iTunes Library but nothing seems to
> happen.
>
> Nope, no luck, ah well.

The download doesn't normally happen in real time, maybe something else
is wrong. I use iPlayer Grabber FWIW, and it has taken about 2 minutes
to download Sunday's Top Gear.
--
Chris

From: SM on
Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:

> Caz's birthday saw her become the owner of a shiny new WiFI 64Gb iPad.
> She's very much a fan, but BBC iPlayer doesn't seem to work.
>
> We've tried Doctor Who and Top Gear, but all that happens is that the
> thumbnail comes up but then a 'sorry, this is unavailable' and no play
> button appears. This seems to be for every programme we try.
>
> Anyone else having any luck?

It works very well here - the following page explains how to save the
bookmark to your home screen to get rid of the menu bar:

<http://allabouttheipad.tumblr.com/post/640032887/bbc-iplayer-on-the-ipa
d>

There are several Top Gears available including the most recent.

Stuart
--
cut that out to reply
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last