From: tinnews on
Owen Rees <orees(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:21:29 +0000, tinnews(a)isbd.co.uk wrote in
> <pvenu6-4ur.ln1(a)chris.isbd.net>:
>
> >I have a small SoHo network running (mostly) Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10 Linux
> >systems.
>
> Is there any correlation between the problem and the OS on the system
> running the browser? Ubuntu 9.10 included some changes that can cause
> problems if your network does not support IPv6 properly, and especially
> if your DNS silently discards AAAA requests (as the DNS proxy in my ADSL
> modem/router does).

It's happening on Ubuntu 9.04 systems, the 9.10 system is just a
server and doesn't have a GUI.

--
Chris Green

From: alexd on
Meanwhile, at the uk.comp.os.linux Job Justification Hearings,
tinnews(a)isbd.co.uk chose the tried and tested strategy of:

> However, as you say also, that rather spoils the load balancing as there
> are only ever at the most two client machines running at a time.

If you've got a linux box hosted elsewhere with plenty of bandwidth, you
might like to try VPN bonding:

http://beusergroup.co.uk/technotes/index.php/VPN_Bonding

This isn't something I've tried myself, and I would be interested to see
what happens to time sensitive UDP traffic [eg voice] when tunneled inside
TCP.

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm(a)ale.cx)
21:20:52 up 12 days, 1:12, 7 users, load average: 0.04, 0.08, 0.08

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: UKFSN helpdesk response
Next: Help using dd