From: Marts on
annily wrote...

> OK 3.5 GB usable, or whatever it is on 32-bit Windows 7. I did run
> 64-bit Win 7 for a while, but went back to 32-bit, as I couldn't see any
> real advantage.

OK, going off topic here as I'm interested in Win7 and a new computer. Why did
you go back to 32b? If there was no obvious advantage, was there any obvious
disadvantages? Otherwise, why not stay with 64b?

From: Rob on
On 14/02/2010 7:05 PM, Marts wrote:
> annily wrote...
>
>> OK 3.5 GB usable, or whatever it is on 32-bit Windows 7. I did run
>> 64-bit Win 7 for a while, but went back to 32-bit, as I couldn't see any
>> real advantage.
>
> OK, going off topic here as I'm interested in Win7 and a new computer. Why did
> you go back to 32b? If there was no obvious advantage, was there any obvious
> disadvantages? Otherwise, why not stay with 64b?

As for myself there are not many programmes that use 64 bit and only one
that I would like to use is Photoshop to extend the memory. From the
Adobe Master collection most programmes within are 32 bit. Haven't tried
Premiere but that's another to use the more menory option.

From: annily on
Marts wrote:
> annily wrote...
>
>> OK 3.5 GB usable, or whatever it is on 32-bit Windows 7. I did run
>> 64-bit Win 7 for a while, but went back to 32-bit, as I couldn't see any
>> real advantage.
>
> OK, going off topic here as I'm interested in Win7 and a new computer. Why did
> you go back to 32b? If there was no obvious advantage, was there any obvious
> disadvantages? Otherwise, why not stay with 64b?

Good question, but it's so long ago I'm not really sure. I think I
remember reading somewhere that 64b may actually run slower because the
32-bit apps run in some sort of emulation mode. And the programs use
more memory.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.