From: Marts on
How much RAM should Firefox be using? Currently it's showing 74megs under Task
Manager.

I ask as it seems to be horribly slow at the moment. And I'm not sure why it
should be so.

I only have one plugin - Net Usage Item, a bar graph that shows how much data
I've used from my monthly allowance.

From: Hugh Jeego on
JUST Firefox seems slow or everything?

From: Sandgroper on

"Marts" <marts(a)ymail.com> wrote in message
> How much RAM should Firefox be using? Currently it's showing 74megs under
> Task
> Manager.
>
> I ask as it seems to be horribly slow at the moment. And I'm not sure why
> it
> should be so.
>
> I only have one plugin - Net Usage Item, a bar graph that shows how much
> data
> I've used from my monthly allowance.

Here is a web page that tells you how to fix the memory leak in FF.

<
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/fix-for-firefox-memory-leak-on-windows/ >

The thing to remember with FF is that it regularly saves a copy of your
current open tabs so that if something happens and you need to close t FF ,
then you will still have your last tabs showing when you restart FF.

This new setting will fix the memory leak , but when you minimise FF and
bring it out of hibernation , it may take a bit longer than to open if you
did not use this new setting.

--

Sandgroper
Save planet Earth !

From: who where on
On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 02:45:58 +0800, "Sandgroper"
<woodbudgie(a)DROPKNICKERSgmail.com> wrote:

>Here is a web page that tells you how to fix the memory leak in FF.
>
><
>http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/fix-for-firefox-memory-leak-on-windows/ >
>
>The thing to remember with FF is that it regularly saves a copy of your
>current open tabs so that if something happens and you need to close t FF ,
>then you will still have your last tabs showing when you restart FF.
>
>This new setting will fix the memory leak , but when you minimise FF and
>bring it out of hibernation , it may take a bit longer than to open if you
>did not use this new setting.

That addresses "trim_on_minimise" but doesn't do anything about
progressive bloat_while_maximised.
From: Marts on
Andy wrote...

> Marts wrote:
>
> > How much RAM should Firefox be using? Currently it's showing 74megs under Task
> > Manager.
>
> Firefox on this machine is using 61MB while idling with 2 tabs open.
> Has been open for around an hour.

When I checked with mine it had only the one page open.

> > I ask as it seems to be horribly slow at the moment. And I'm not sure why it
> > should be so.
>
> What version?

3.5.7.

It's really slow loading pages from the herald-sun website. And if I want to
comment on a news article each letter typed takes probably 5 to 10 seconds to
appear in the editor box.

I loaded up IE 6. It has no such problems navigating the same website or with me
doing the same stuff.