From: AMR on
On Nov 4, 12:04 am, "LTKave...(a)gmail.com" <LTKave...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Good day. I'm starting a network consisting of 50 PCs through a
> satellite connection. I need a dedicated firewall which will be able
> to accomplish the following:
>
> -MAC Filtering for hardlined machines (the wireless router can handle
> MAC filtering for wireless)
> -Badwidth limits per MAC address for a specific time period
> -Logs of all traffic
> -Log specifically for bandwidth
> -Blocking of some P2P processes, but not all (don't allow gaming but
> do allow skype, etc)
> -DHCP
> -Normal DoS protection, etc
> -VPN is not important to us
>
> Any advice? I'm finding tons of equipment out there, but I'm hoping to
> spend less than $200. I've seen ZyXEL ZyWALL 2 Plus, which looks good,
> but I'm not 100% convinced.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Less than $200 per seat or less than $200 TOTAL for the entire
firewall solution??

From: Leythos on
In article <1194277996.135676.233620(a)22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>,
sirus.cosmo(a)gmail.com says...
> On Nov 4, 12:04 am, "LTKave...(a)gmail.com" <LTKave...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good day. I'm starting a network consisting of 50 PCs through a
> > satellite connection. I need a dedicated firewall which will be able
> > to accomplish the following:
> >
> > -MAC Filtering for hardlined machines (the wireless router can handle
> > MAC filtering for wireless)
> > -Badwidth limits per MAC address for a specific time period
> > -Logs of all traffic
> > -Log specifically for bandwidth
> > -Blocking of some P2P processes, but not all (don't allow gaming but
> > do allow skype, etc)
> > -DHCP
> > -Normal DoS protection, etc
> > -VPN is not important to us
> >
> > Any advice? I'm finding tons of equipment out there, but I'm hoping to
> > spend less than $200. I've seen ZyXEL ZyWALL 2 Plus, which looks good,
> > but I'm not 100% convinced.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
>
> Less than $200 per seat or less than $200 TOTAL for the entire
> firewall solution??

If it's less than $200 then it's not a firewall.

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
From: spider on

Hi,

ZyWALL2 Plus is perfect for less than 10 users network, but you are
talking about 50 PCs in your network.

I think you have to think of ZyWALL 35 or even ZyWALL 70 for your
network and I prefer that you go with UTM models for full Internet
protection ( Anti-virus, Anti-Spam, IDS/IPS, Content filtering,
firewalling .... etc) which is supported on ZyXEL ZyWALL UTM models
like 5,35,70 and 1050.

Spider,

www.networkingland.com/utm_vendors.htm

--
spider

From: Leythos on
In article <spider.2zlg9m(a)mail@networkingland.com>, spider.2zlg9m(a)mail
says...

> Hi,
>
> ZyWALL2 Plus is perfect for less than 10 users network, but you are
> talking about 50 PCs in your network.
>
> I think you have to think of ZyWALL 35 or even ZyWALL 70 for your
> network and I prefer that you go with UTM models for full Internet
> protection ( Anti-virus, Anti-Spam, IDS/IPS, Content filtering,
> firewalling .... etc) which is supported on ZyXEL ZyWALL UTM models
> like 5,35,70 and 1050.

And what happens when the load is increased....

My experience with ZyXel support is about the same as Dell support,
sucks.

From: Sachin on
http://www.safesquid.com/html/portal.php?page=105