From: Greg Buchner on
In article <yobzkxbjpzr.fsf(a)panix2.panix.com>,
BreadWithSpam(a)fractious.net wrote:

> OTOH, the specs for the WD Green max out at needing 6 watts for
> read/write. Shouldn't 12V 2A be way more than adequate for that?

It depends. You need thorough specs. Most of the time they spec out
power use at 40% r/w, 40% seek, 20% idle. With my Seagate at those
specs, it fits the power supply as it showed .6A on the 5 volt, .68A on
the 12V. But I wonder what it is when it's doing almost probably 90%
r/w. Although I do know it requires 3A at startup.

There was a few complaints about power in the reviews for that case on
NewEgg.

Greg B.

Actual e-mail address is gregbuchner and I'm located at gmail.com