From: radiogal58 on
Text
I just bought Fireworks MX 2004 Education Version for a class I'm taking
spring term. When I try to install it, I get the following message :
Error Message
OX 80040702
Failed to load dll: Macronmedia_Licensing_Installer
and then the program shuts down. I've emailed Macromedia about the problem
but haven't heard back yet. Any idea how to solve this problem?

From: Alan Musselman on
Hi radiogal58,

Looks like they are currently researching the issue at the moment. Sorry about
that, we are a little busy at the moment. You might try installing in Safe mode
(assuming you are on PC)

To install it cleanly on your machine. Follow these steps:

1. Reboot the computer system in Safe Mode:
- Restart the computer.
- During restart, hold down the F8 key.
- When Windows startup menu appears, select Safe Mode.
2. Run the Fireworks installer
3. Restart the computer in normal mode
4. Launch Fireworks

Installing in Safe Mode will give you a head start when the Agent contacts
you.

Hope this helps for now...

From: Alan Musselman on
Sorry, I was looking at an older thread. It appears the agent is researching to see what else he can try with you.
From: radiogal58 on
:frown;
I'm getting the same error message when I try to install in safe mode. This is getting ridiculous and I'm almost ready to just toss the software and forget about it! :confused;