From: Mike Tomlinson on
In article <20100215222828.524ba7a3(a)debian>, Folderol
<folderol(a)ukfsn.org> writes

>Did the usual - deleted all the .gnome and .gconf stuff then rebooted.
>It's just a pain in the backside having to put all the icons back as
>the office staff expect to see them :(

Don't think this is your problem, but have you tried f11 to swap between
the current window and full-screen? It's a very easy key to catch with
a fingernail if you (your user) catches it when using the delete key.

M.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.

From: Folderol on
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:52:53 +0000
Mike Tomlinson <mike(a)jasper.org.uk> wrote:

> In article <20100215222828.524ba7a3(a)debian>, Folderol
> <folderol(a)ukfsn.org> writes
>
> >Did the usual - deleted all the .gnome and .gconf stuff then rebooted.
> >It's just a pain in the backside having to put all the icons back as
> >the office staff expect to see them :(
>
> Don't think this is your problem, but have you tried f11 to swap between
> the current window and full-screen? It's a very easy key to catch with
> a fingernail if you (your user) catches it when using the delete key.
>
> M.

Now that's something I didn't think of, certainly worth remembering.
However it's definitely not the case this last time as the bottom
toolbar was still there, and the windows I could open all had normal
'furniture'.

--
Will J G
From: Mike Tomlinson on
In article <20100218201403.5b6bb772(a)debian>, Folderol
<folderol(a)ukfsn.org> writes

>Now that's something I didn't think of, certainly worth remembering.

ok, worth a go though.

--
(\__/)