From: Coach on
On Jul 27, 1:10 pm, atec77 <ate...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/07/2010 12:57 PM, Dingo wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:38:41 -0700 (PDT), Coach<suv...(a)yahoo.fr>
> > wrote:

> >> I had to buy some for my great grandson for his first job as a trainee
> >> landscaper.....
>
> > You obviously are either a very old woman or all the hillbillies in
> > your family start churning out offspring when they're about 12.....
>
> Dingo's have a breed cycle of young

"Dingo's" what?
From: Rob on
On 27/07/2010 12:35 PM, Dingo wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:45:32 +1000, Felix_the_cat
> <go_away(a)not_here.biz> wrote:
>

>> Why is it that every man/woman and his/her dog these days seems to be
>> wearing a fluro vest?? They are becoming so commonplace authorities will
>> need to invent something else so that people will stand out from the
>> crowd. Maybe they could have vests with rows of flashing leds I guess.
>> But what if the batteries run flat? Well they could be solar powered
>> with rechargeable and backup batteries I suppose.
>
> Even bloody bus drivers.....!

Was clip boards to make them important!
From: Doug Jewell on
Felix_the_cat wrote:

> Why is it that every man/woman and his/her dog these days seems to be
> wearing a fluro vest?? They are becoming so commonplace authorities will
> need to invent something else so that people will stand out from the
> crowd. Maybe they could have vests with rows of flashing leds I guess.
> But what if the batteries run flat? Well they could be solar powered
> with rechargeable and backup batteries I suppose.

It's OHS bullshit mostly. A decade or so ago, when I went to
a workshop or a warehouse, the standard uniform was
overalls. When someone was operating a truck or forklift,
you watched where you were going and stayed out of it's
bloody way.

These days it's all this hi-vis bullshit, and I've noticed
that people wander around all over the place, and it's up to
the driver of the truck or forklift to avoid them. Sometimes
it's like playing the dodgems when you have glowing idiots
walking in front of you. But they're supposedly safe because
you can see them, whereas previously IMO they were safer
because they took care to stay out of the way. Can't say I
ever had trouble seeing someone in grey or blue overalls anyway.

The one that amuses me most is rail yards. It doesn't matter
a cracker if you have that hivis vest on or not, the train
ain't gonna steer around you, and it ain't gonna suddenly stop.

I guess taking it to it's logical extension, we'll have our
army dressed in fluoro hi-vis soon - wouldn't want the enemy
to accidentally shoot someone because they couldn't see them.
--
What is the difference between a duck?
From: Sandgroper on

"Coach" <suvvdj(a)yahoo.fr> wrote in message
On Jul 27, 12:57 pm, Dingo <di...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:38:41 -0700 (PDT), Coach <suv...(a)yahoo.fr>
> wrote:
>

> >On Jul 27, 12:35 pm, Dingo <di...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Even bloody bus drivers.....!
>
> >I had to buy some for my great grandson for his first job as a trainee
> >landscaper.....
>
> You obviously are either a very old woman or all the hillbillies in
> your family start churning out offspring when they're about 12.....

You have no idea how good you have it. When I was 12, I worked at
least 80 hours a week as well as attending classes.

That's nothing , when I was 10 I had to get up at 4:00 Am , milk a dozen
cows , feed the chooks and pigs , trudge 10 miles through 5ft of snow to get
to school and after school I would work for 6 hours humping bags of chaff at
the local wheat store.

:P

--

Sandgroper
Save planet Earth !

From: Doug Jewell on
Sandgroper wrote:
> "Coach" <suvvdj(a)yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> On Jul 27, 12:57 pm, Dingo <di...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:38:41 -0700 (PDT), Coach <suv...(a)yahoo.fr>
>> wrote:

>>> I had to buy some for my great grandson for his first job as a trainee
>>> landscaper.....
>> You obviously are either a very old woman or all the hillbillies in
>> your family start churning out offspring when they're about 12.....
>
> You have no idea how good you have it. When I was 12, I worked at
> least 80 hours a week as well as attending classes.
>
> That's nothing , when I was 10 I had to get up at 4:00 Am , milk a dozen
> cows , feed the chooks and pigs , trudge 10 miles through 5ft of snow to get
> to school and after school I would work for 6 hours humping bags of chaff at
> the local wheat store.
Luxury.
I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half
an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison,
work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner
for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our
Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing
"Hallelujah."

--
What is the difference between a duck?