From: terryc on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 18:54:17 +1000, Doug Jewell wrote:

> I guess taking it to it's logical extension, we'll have our army dressed
> in fluoro hi-vis soon - wouldn't want the enemy to accidentally shoot
> someone because they couldn't see them.

Well, you have to cut down friendly fire casualties somehow.

From: Rick on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:35:39 +1000, Dingo <dingo(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:45:32 +1000, Felix_the_cat
><go_away(a)not_here.biz> wrote:
>

>>Why is it that every man/woman and his/her dog these days seems to be
>>wearing a fluro vest?? They are becoming so commonplace authorities will
>>need to invent something else so that people will stand out from the
>>crowd. Maybe they could have vests with rows of flashing leds I guess.
>>But what if the batteries run flat? Well they could be solar powered
>>with rechargeable and backup batteries I suppose.
>
>Even bloody bus drivers.....!

Anna Bligh goes the whole hog and wears the goggles and hard hat as
well. I didn't know she works in the mines....I thought she was the
premier.
From: SG1 on

"Rick" <rwinchester(a)tgp.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:35:39 +1000, Dingo <dingo(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 11:45:32 +1000, Felix_the_cat
>><go_away(a)not_here.biz> wrote:
>>

>>>Why is it that every man/woman and his/her dog these days seems to be
>>>wearing a fluro vest?? They are becoming so commonplace authorities will
>>>need to invent something else so that people will stand out from the
>>>crowd. Maybe they could have vests with rows of flashing leds I guess.
>>>But what if the batteries run flat? Well they could be solar powered
>>>with rechargeable and backup batteries I suppose.
>>
>>Even bloody bus drivers.....!
>
> Anna Bligh goes the whole hog and wears the goggles and hard hat as
> well. I didn't know she works in the mines....I thought she was the
> premier.

Guess you don't know Hard Hat Anna too well?????? Not seen running the state
of confusion but opening & announcing another disaster for the state
treasury.

From: Sandgroper on

"Dr Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF"
<""Trollene.has.had.more.kook.outs.than.ive.had.hot.dinners\"@kangarooistan.com.au
.."> wrote in message news:4c4ea7e5$0$28649$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com...
> Sandgroper wrote:

>> That's nothing , when I was 10 I had to get up at 4:00 Am , milk a dozen
>> cows , feed the chooks and pigs , trudge 10 miles through 5ft of snow to
>> get
>> to school and after school I would work for 6 hours humping bags of chaff
>> at
>> the local wheat store.
>
> That's a strange thing to be humping. Most farm boys like you would be
> humping the barnyard animals.

Speaking from experience I see , so what was your favourite humping animal ?

:P
--

Sandgroper
Save planet Earth !

From: Peter on

>> I guess taking it to it's logical extension, we'll have our army dressed
>> in fluoro hi-vis soon - wouldn't want the enemy to accidentally shoot
>> someone because they couldn't see them.
>
> Well, you have to cut down friendly fire casualties somehow.

http://news.tigerdirect.com/2008/01/28/air-force-develops-high-tech-way-to-
prevent-friendly-fire/

:-P