From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message <0s8rl5p4lhblaoivmq2h97cjci65c7itjr(a)4ax.com>, Tom
<CatInTheFat(a)feline.com> writes
>On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:45:17 +1300, "Your Name" <your.name(a)isp.com> wrote:
>
>>but when I switch to live view or do
>

>But he said:
>"...when I switch to live view or do preview, the font shows up as Verdana or
>Helvetica"
>
>He must already have the font on his local PC to see it in Design view...right?

Do Live View and Preview take account of what's available on local PC or
what is likely on others? (I must admit that Design view on my boxes
use the available fonts on the box in question but Live View doesn't
seem to but I'm not sure)

--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay
From: Jetasia on
On Jan 25, 9:43 am, Duncan Kennedy <nos...(a)nospam.otterson-bg.couk>
wrote:
> In message <0s8rl5p4lhblaoivmq2h97cjci65c7i...(a)4ax.com>, Tom
> <CatInThe...(a)feline.com> writes
>
> >On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:45:17 +1300, "Your Name" <your.n...(a)isp.com> wrote:
>
> >>but when I switch to live view or do
>
> >But he said:
> >"...when I switch to live view or do preview, the font shows up as Verdana or
> >Helvetica"
>
> >He must already have the font on his local PC to see it in Design view....right?
>
> Do Live View and Preview take account of what's available on local PC or
> what is likely on others?  (I must admit that Design view on my boxes
> use the available fonts on the box in question but Live View doesn't
> seem to but I'm not sure)
>
> --
> Duncan K
> Downtown Dalgety Bay

Duncan I see you in this room a lot! Yes, I am a newbie like most.
Wish only you would take us into an open conference room and teach! I
need a teacher that works with me and all of these people out there
with their so-called training programs are just wasted money. My son
is so quick with the shortcuts that I am completely amazed at how he
can handle these things so quickly. He works for Michelin as a lead
computer Technician so youth and age may play a big factor. If you or
anyone would like to work with me and show me what you know, share
screens etc; Please let me know as for you Dalton, you are sharp!
Keep up the great work! Asianjade/Jetasia
From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message
<df391bca-e7f0-4c81-87ab-c32898318229(a)g29g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,
Jetasia <appliancepartsse(a)yahoo.com> writes

>Duncan I see you in this room a lot! Yes, I am a newbie like most.
>Wish only you would take us into an open conference room and teach! I
>need a teacher that works with me and all of these people out there
>with their so-called training programs are just wasted money. My son
>is so quick with the shortcuts that I am completely amazed at how he
>can handle these things so quickly. He works for Michelin as a lead
>computer Technician so youth and age may play a big factor. If you or
>anyone would like to work with me and show me what you know, share
>screens etc; Please let me know as for you Dalton, you are sharp!
>Keep up the great work! Asianjade/Jetasia

Unfortunately, although I have been using Dreamweaver for many years in
various forms and have produced quite a few sites commercially over the
last 12 years, I am no expert. In fact I am about to retire and am
getting rather out of date.

I contribute here because I never like to see people stuck - I have had
a great deal of help from others. This group, together with other Adobe
/ Macromedia groups, was abandoned by Adobe around April last year.
Until then there were several people classed as Adobe Experts who
contributed and they really did know their stuff. That's not to say
that there are not others still around here who are just as expert as
they are - and know a lot more than I do.

If you want the official support groups and the Adobe Experts now you
will only find them on the Web through the Adobe site. Frankly I don't
like the new web based forum layout and operation so I, and a few
others, manage keep an eye open for people around here.

Having said all that, although I'm not really competent to teach, I'm
always happy to try to answer anything I feel I might be able to help
with, so don't be afraid to ask questions - that's how I started - and I
still do. (Only a few days ago I had to ask a silly question about the
operation of Mac networks in a Mac group and somebody had the answer -
showing that I had made a silly mistake - I don't mind admitting it and
they didn't mind answering.)

--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay