From: Dudley Hanks on
http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/FoodPrep1.jpg

Just playing around with a macro shot.

I'm starting to like this SX120...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Paul Furman on
Dudley Hanks wrote:
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/FoodPrep1.jpg
> Just playing around with a macro shot.

Tree branches reflected out the kitchen window?

From: Tim Conway on

"Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote in message
> Dudley Hanks wrote:
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/FoodPrep1.jpg
>> Just playing around with a macro shot.
>
> Tree branches reflected out the kitchen window?

I think it's vegetables (potatoes?) and a knife. Needs more DOF.

From: Peter on
"Tim Conway" <tconway_113(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote in message
>> Dudley Hanks wrote:
>>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/FoodPrep1.jpg
>>> Just playing around with a macro shot.
>>
>> Tree branches reflected out the kitchen window?
>>

> I think it's vegetables (potatoes?) and a knife. Needs more DOF.

How focused would you be while waiting to be cut by a very sharp, bright and
slightly overexposed knife.

--
Peter

From: J. Clarke on
On 5/19/2010 5:27 PM, Dudley Hanks wrote:
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/FoodPrep1.jpg
>
> Just playing around with a macro shot.
>
> I'm starting to like this SX120...

For some reason the autofocus picked something or other that was
reflected in the shiny part of the blade to focus on, instead of the
knife and vegetables.

Interesting effect.