From: Mr Pounder on

"Tim Meddick" <timmeddick(a)o2.co.uk> wrote in message
> Also I repeat my second later post : Have you double-checked your BIOS
> settings for installed
> Hard-drive[s]?

I have no idea of how to do this.

Booting up from the disk don't work.
I do not get the option of Repair using Recovery Console.
Apparently this is in Install Windows so Learn More says.
The option is not there for me.

Thanks for the help and I'm sorry for being so stupid

Mr Pounder

From: Mr Pounder on

"Mr Pounder" <MrPounder(a)RationalThought.com> wrote in message news:...

> "Tim Meddick" <timmeddick(a)o2.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Also I repeat my second later post : Have you double-checked your BIOS
>> settings for installed
>> Hard-drive[s]?
>
> I have no idea of how to do this.
>
> Booting up from the disk don't work.
> I do not get the option of Repair using Recovery Console.
> Apparently this is in Install Windows so Learn More says.
> The option is not there for me.
>
> Thanks for the help and I'm sorry for being so stupid
>
> Mr Pounder

I have just noticed in Bios that:
1st boot device is floppy.
2nd boot device is hard disk.
3rd boot device is cdrom
Seems the wrong way round to me?
>>I have a floppy drive.

Steve

From: Peter on
In article <5jPPn.8511$Cf7.2575(a)newsfe17.ams2>,
MrPounder(a)RationalThought.com says...

> "Mr Pounder" <MrPounder(a)RationalThought.com> wrote in message news:...
> >
> > "Tim Meddick" <timmeddick(a)o2.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Also I repeat my second later post : Have you double-checked your BIOS
> >> settings for installed
> >> Hard-drive[s]?
> >
> > I have no idea of how to do this.
> >
> > Booting up from the disk don't work.
> > I do not get the option of Repair using Recovery Console.
> > Apparently this is in Install Windows so Learn More says.
> > The option is not there for me.
> >
> > Thanks for the help and I'm sorry for being so stupid
> >
> > Mr Pounder
>
> I have just noticed in Bios that:
> 1st boot device is floppy.
> 2nd boot device is hard disk.
> 3rd boot device is cdrom
> Seems the wrong way round to me?

Make the CDROM 2nd in the list allowing any bootable disks to boot
before the O/S on the HD has a chance to run.

--
Pete Ives
From: Tim Meddick on
My good man.... never apologise for being who you are!

I myself am called a lot of not very nice things in these groups, when, at
the end of the day, I believe my heart to be in the right place, as I am
only trying to help fellow PC enthusiasts to solve their "computer
irritations"...

I am told that I am "stupid" sometimes, but the truth is, we all of us
have our "level" of understanding in as many fields of understanding as
there are people on the planet.

As such NO-ONE IS STUPID!

Whereas I am willing to be corrected when I'm wrong, I don't believe those
who inform me of such, should do it in ways that belittle each other.

But there is no shortage of those who just enjoy to do just that, with the
slightest grounds they take delight in trashing you.

So you can see - since there are cues of others ready to do so - the last
thing you want to do is be putting yourself down....

To access BIOS settings : As SOON as you press the "power on" button on
your PC - you should press a key - usually one of the function [F] keys at
the top of the keyboard, but sometimes it can also equally be the "Del" or
"Esc" key.

There will be a screen with information (and usually the PC manufacturer's
logo) on it BEFORE all the "Window's Loading" stuff appears. This very
first screen that appears (whether or not an Operating System is even
installed on a computer) will almost always have something like the
following displayed upon it :

PRESS F1 TO ENTER SETUP

....or maybe even :

TO ENTER SETUP PRESS DEL

...you get the idea.

After you enter the BIOS settings (also called the pc's SETUP program) you
will usually see a list of drives currently installed.

Depending what drives you have got actually physically connected
(installed) inside your PC, they should be displayed in the list of drives
here.

If the drive you are having problems with is NOT listed in the BIOS
drives-list. Select an "empty" drive-entry in the drive list, and change
the setting to "auto" or "auto-detect".

Then exit the BIOS setup, ensuring you choose "Save settings and exit"
option, on the way out.

==

From: Tim Meddick on
The boot-device order would NOT account for a hard-drive not appearing, or
not being accessible in Windows.

==