From: ProjectRita on
Hi everyone...
This is probably real simple for you, but i think i`m loosing to much time
looking for the answer!
I`m trying to do a simple custom field with a formula, that gives me the
finish variance [Early Finish]-[Baseline3 Finish], i have tried to use finish
custom field type, the date and even the duration type...it keeps given me
ERROR...could someone help me with this?
Thanks,

Rita
From: G�rard Ducouret on
Hi Rita,

Make sure you have any data in [Baseline3 Finish].

G�rard Ducouret

"ProjectRita" <ProjectRita(a)discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le
message de news: 57082B6E-DBC9-4840-B11D-53D7BC901C12(a)microsoft.com...

From: Andrew Lavinsky on
Try a duration field with the following formula:

IIf([Baseline3 Finish]=ProjDateValue('NA'),0,ProjDateDiff([Baseline3 Finish],[Early
Finish]))

That will display "0" if the Baseline3 Finish field is blank.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

From: ProjectRita on
Thanks

It`s working now...It seems that i have to use a special function to do the
diffrence between dates, and give me back a duration (ProjDateValue)
Could someone give me the instructions to use the right functions in the
right custom fields types? Because i had already tried the function DateDiff
(wich i think would give the difference with date units), and it didn`t work
out.

thanks a lot

Rita

From: Jim Aksel on
I am going to step away from my peers on this one a little bit. First, their
solutions work and can be used without problems.

We do it a little bit differently. Assuming that your Earned Value Baseline
is set, you would be taking your Earned Value against Baseline 3 data.
Therefore, Tools/Options/Calculations (tab). Select Earned Value and set the
"Baseline used for Earned Value Calculations" to Baseline3 from the drop
down. Select OK.

The values for duration variances (start, duratin, finish) and cost
variances (CV, CV%, etc) are calculated against the baseline set in the
earned value calculations settings.

Now, insert the field "Finish Variance" in your schedule. It
--
If this post was helpful, please consider rating it.

Jim Aksel, MVP

Check out my blog for more information:
http://www.msprojectblog.com

"ProjectRita" wrote:

> Hi everyone...
> This is probably real simple for you, but i think i`m loosing to much time
> looking for the answer!
> I`m trying to do a simple custom field with a formula, that gives me the
> finish variance [Early Finish]-[Baseline3 Finish], i have tried to use finish
> custom field type, the date and even the duration type...it keeps given me
> ERROR...could someone help me with this?
> Thanks,
>
> Rita
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3