From: Matt Koskenmaki on
Again, thanks.

From: Bruce Ennis on
Could you be more specific is it not showing any information on the startup
screen or just the INI edit screens.

--
Bruce Ennis
Studio: http://www.ennbr.com

From: Nil on
On 18 Dec 2005, "Bruce Ennis"

> Could you be more specific is it not showing any information on
> the startup screen or just the INI edit screens.

On startup I get an error box that says, "Undefined external error".
The INI editor screens say "File not found Cakewalk.INI", etc. The
Tools Menu tab shows generic values in the fields, like "Comany Name :
LabelCompanyName", etc.

I also have Sonar 1 installed on the computer. Also, Sonar 4, although
that lives on a disc drive that I have temporarily removed from the
computer, so there are shortcuts and registry references that point to
a location that doesn't exist at the moment. Would that make a
difference?
From: Bruce Ennis on
> so there are shortcuts and registry references that point to
> a location that doesn't exist at the moment. Would that make a
> difference?

Yes Sonar Uitls is looking in the registry for the latest version of Sonar
in your case Sonar 4 even though the disk is not attached the registry
entries exist. I'm in the process of making a change for the next release
that will allow you to select previous versions using a pulldown menu.

From: Nil on
On 18 Dec 2005, "Bruce Ennis"

> Yes Sonar Uitls is looking in the registry for the latest version
> of Sonar in your case Sonar 4 even though the disk is not attached
> the registry entries exist. I'm in the process of making a change
> for the next release that will allow you to select previous
> versions using a pulldown menu.

Ah, OK. I was wondering about that, how it could be used with multiple
installations on the same computer. It sounds like that's not possible
at the moment.