From: Frank Buss on
Giorgos Tzampanakis wrote:

> I want a simple bitmap font to use in my project. I'm looking
> into using a 80x25 or 80x24 format. Where can I get a font like
> this in an easy format to incorporate into my project?

Some nice fonts are available on this page:

http://www.zee-3.com/pickfordbros/archive/bitmapfonts.php

I've used one of the fonts as an example for my acceleratec FPGA graphics
controller:

http://www.frank-buss.de/yagraphcon/index.html

--
Frank Buss, fb(a)frank-buss.de
From: hamilton on
On 6/26/2010 1:26 PM, Giorgos Tzampanakis wrote:
> hamilton<hamilton(a)nothere.com> wrote in
>
>> Getting a font is easy.
>>
>> Getting code that will move that font onto the display you
>> are using is the hard part.
>>
>> So, is 80x25 the LCD pixel H/V or is that the number of
>> characters on the screen.
>>
>> Are you using an FPGA to move the pixels to the screen or a
>> cpu.
>>
>> So many questions, no answers.
>>

> I'm using a PC monitor. 80x25 is the number of characters on
> screen. I will use a CPU implemented on the FPGA to show the
> characters.

So, do you have a design for the VGA output from your FPGA ??

From: Anssi Saari on
hamilton <hamilton(a)nothere.com> writes:

> So, do you have a design for the VGA output from your FPGA ??

Well, he did just ask about VGA timings and posted code too a few days
ago, so that's probably a yes...
From: Giorgos Tzampanakis on
hamilton <hamilton(a)nothere.com> wrote in news:i06hvk$6p4$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> So, do you have a design for the VGA output from your FPGA ??

Yes I do.
From: Sandro on
On Jun 27, 11:42 am, Giorgos Tzampanakis <g...(a)hw.ac.uk> wrote:
> hamilton <hamil...(a)nothere.com> wrote in news:i06hvk$6p4$1
> @news.eternal-september.org:
>
> > So, do you have a design for the VGA output from your FPGA ??
>
> Yes I do.

Giorgios,
At "http://opencores.org/project,yavga" you can find a
simple VGA core.
Maybe you can customize that project for your needs.
There are also some (linux) shell script to easly customize the char-
set.

Regards
Sandro