From: Josh Davis on
Ronx,

I just got to previewing the layout and i like it just might wanna define
the lines a bit more and change the colors a bit but overall i like it. Is
there anyway i could use that as a template to base the rest of my site off
of? Also i didn't meant to emply i was against CSS just i haven't really been
taught how to use CSS in HTML. I am fluent in the base HTML code though. I do
like the other non recipe stuff up top and the recipes to the left. I do
like it and i will read up on it

Thank you,

From: Helpful person on
On Mar 3, 5:25 pm, Josh Davis <JoshDa...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Ronx,
>
> I just got to previewing the layout and i like it just might wanna define
> the lines a bit more and change the colors a bit but overall i like it. Is
> there anyway i could use that as a template to base the rest of my site off
> of? Also i didn't meant to emply i was against CSS just i haven't really been
> taught how to use CSS in HTML. I am fluent in the base HTML code though. I do
> like the other non recipe stuff up top  and the recipes to the left. I do
> like it and i will read up on it
>
> Thank you,
>

> "Ronx" wrote:
> > Good luck.
>
> > Your present recipe pages look messy. If you want two columns for the ingredients, do not use spaces to separate the columns - that never works. Use a table or floated <divs>.
>
> > Learn some HTML and CSS.  http://www.w3schools.comwill give you a good grounding in these.
>
> > If anything, you need MORE spacing in your present pages, not less - and no-one has suggested removing spaces, except where you try to use them to create columns.
>
> > --
> > Ron Symonds
> > Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
> >http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
>
> > Josh Davis pretended :
> > > A few problems with your suggestions:
>
> > > 1. If I take the spacing out of the ingredients
> > > then the ingredients will be  scrunched
> > > together, thereby ruining my content
> > > distribution evenly. I was  trying to balance
> > > the ingredients weighted across the page in a 2
> > > x 2 format.  2. I did not use Word to format my
> > > text i used the built in features of
> > > FrontPage.  3. I do not want to use CSS because
> > > as I have stated in other posts I do not  know
> > > much about it. Therefore, i do not know how to
> > > implement it. I also can  not find any decent
> > > tutorials on how to do CSS that is why i do not
> > > use it.  4. It was suggested that I should not
> > > bother with a special page and would  be too
> > > difficult to maintain and having two pages open
> > > at the same time would  be confusing to the
> > > user. Well, first the site would not have two
> > > pages open  except when they click the
> > > printable page link on the main page. When I
> > > get  the printable version done i will type up
> > > a little note to explain what to do  with this
> > > newly opened page and what to do after they
> > > finish printing. As for  maintenance, I expect
> > > the site will constantly have to be maintained
> > > due to  recipes will be added and edited
> > > regularly once i get the creator of the  recipe
> > > to proofread them to make sure they are exactly
> > > right. I have no  problem editing two pages per
> > > recipe.all i have to do is open the online
> > > version then the printable version beside of it
> > > in the editing pane of  FrontPage and repeat
> > > for the whole recipe section.
>
> > > Thank you,

Difficult to understand how you can be fluent in HTML when your web
site doesn't validate.

www.richardfisher.com
From: Josh Davis on
As i stated i am fluent is HTML base code not the enhanced features.
Validating? If you mean the norton ! that i need to contact the webhost about
norton has invalid entries in thier database from long ago.

From: Helpful person on
On Mar 3, 7:35 pm, Josh Davis <JoshDa...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> As i stated i am fluent is HTML base code not the enhanced features.
> Validating? If you mean the norton ! that i need to contact the webhost about
> norton has invalid entries in thier database from long ago.
>
> "Helpful person" wrote:

I am writing about your web as per the following link:

http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_uri

www.richardfisher.com

From: Josh Davis on
that is because my website does not have CSS implementation on it.