Prev: Weather
Next: Hello
From: geoff on
Phildo wrote:
> Warning - there now follows some blatant and gratuitous namedropping
> but I had an incredible experience and had to share it.
>
> Got to go out to dinner with Narada Michael Walden last night and
> have a drink with Jeff Beck.

Now y ou know why JB doesn't sing then ;-)

geoff

From: DougD on
In article <7t6v04FpjqU1(a)mid.individual.net>, "Phil Allison" <phil_a(a)tpg.com.au> wrote:

>"DougD"
>>
>> Very cool! Have you had a chance to check out the amazingly talented young
>> lady, Tal Wilkendon that Mr. Beck has been using for his bass player on
>> tours
>> in the last year or so? She would be about 23 by now, from Australia, and
>> is
>> just, well, brilliant!
>

>** Think you mean this gal:
>
>http://svc027.wic047p.server-web.com/
>
>" Tal ( Talia) Wilkenfeld ".

sorry, I always loose track on her last name, especially at 4am.

>She is featured on this DVD of the Jeff Beck band - possibly the best
>live music DVD ever made.
>
>http://www.amazon.com/Performing-This-Week-Ronnie-Scotts/dp/B001NP8PQM
>
>Those who have not already seen it are in for a treat.
>
>Superb sound and images throughout.

Yeah, I've got that DVD, first time I saw her was from that show! There are
some clips around of that tour playing the Clapton Guitar god's show in
Chicago where she really tears it up on "Ended as Lovers" and "Big
Block", with Jeff just egging her on to let the bass monster out, and
the 27K plus audience just ate it up, worth the watch. I hope that he
continues to use her for touring, as well as Vinnie C.

d.
From: DougD on
In article <T5ednfvW7u7KgvLWnZ2dnVY3go-dnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, "geoff" <geoff(a)nospam-paf.co.nz> wrote:

>I had an evening with Jeff and Tal (and Vinnie and David S) last year.
>Along with hundreds of other audience members at the concert ..... ;-(
>
>> Very cool! Have you had a chance to check out the amazingly talented
>> young
>> lady, Tal Wilkendon that Mr. Beck has been using for his bass player
>> on tours
>> in the last year or so? She would be about 23 by now, from Australia,
>> and is
>> just, well, brilliant! A good match for Jeff, and Vinny C. on drums.
>> He's been amazingly gracious with her, letting her play HIS solo's on
>> "Ended as Lovers",
>> which sounds kinda horrible until you see/hear her play.
>
>Now we know what the upper 'waist' on a bass is really for !

Yeah, I know, I was trying to be polite, plus not a complete perv as I have
a daughter the same age... But Tal is a looker!

d.
From: DougD on
In article <jJKdnYRhy59MgvLWnZ2dnVY3go-dnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, "geoff" <geoff(a)nospam-paf.co.nz> wrote:
>Phildo wrote:
>> Warning - there now follows some blatant and gratuitous namedropping
>> but I had an incredible experience and had to share it.
>>
>> Got to go out to dinner with Narada Michael Walden last night and
>> have a drink with Jeff Beck.
>
>Now y ou know why JB doesn't sing then ;-)
>

>geoff

He sings! Can't remember the exact show, think it was the Concert for
Bang the Desk, he sang on a couple of tunes, and better than some of
the "Pro's" on that bill..

d.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2