Prev: Weather
Next: Hello
From: Phildo on
Warning - there now follows some blatant and gratuitous namedropping but I
had an incredible experience and had to share it.

Got to go out to dinner with Narada Michael Walden last night and have a
drink with Jeff Beck. They're in London rehearsing for some shows and one of
my oldest friends works very closely with Narada so they invited us down.
Narada was incredible as always (calling him a genius would be an insult as
it doesn't even come close to describing his talent) yet he's totally
down-to-earth and completely genuine (if a little eccentric). I even got to
give him some advice on some technical stuff to fix a few audio issues he
was having. One of the most enjoyable and interesting evenings I've ever
had. OK, it was all music/shop talk but to spend an evening talking with
talent like that is a total joy which I hope all the pros on here get to
experience at some point.

Phildo

From: DougD on
In article <hkkq9m$une$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote:
>Warning - there now follows some blatant and gratuitous namedropping but I
>had an incredible experience and had to share it.
>
>Got to go out to dinner with Narada Michael Walden last night and have a
>drink with Jeff Beck. They're in London rehearsing for some shows and one of
>my oldest friends works very closely with Narada so they invited us down.
>Narada was incredible as always (calling him a genius would be an insult as
>it doesn't even come close to describing his talent) yet he's totally
>down-to-earth and completely genuine (if a little eccentric). I even got to
>give him some advice on some technical stuff to fix a few audio issues he
>was having. One of the most enjoyable and interesting evenings I've ever
>had. OK, it was all music/shop talk but to spend an evening talking with
>talent like that is a total joy which I hope all the pros on here get to
>experience at some point.
>
>Phildo

Very cool! Have you had a chance to check out the amazingly talented young
lady, Tal Wilkendon that Mr. Beck has been using for his bass player on tours
in the last year or so? She would be about 23 by now, from Australia, and is
just, well, brilliant! A good match for Jeff, and Vinny C. on drums. He's been
amazingly gracious with her, letting her play HIS solo's on "Ended as Lovers",
which sounds kinda horrible until you see/hear her play. I've worked a few
Beck shows over the years, one of the more memorable was him opening!!
for Fleetwood Mac, one of those like a Trower show where everyone cleared
out after Jeff played his set.
Again, very cool that you had the chance to hang out, you should have
tried to hit him up for a tour of his auto collection, he's supposed to be
just as amazing with a plasma cutter as he is a Strat!

d.

From: Phil Allison on

"DougD"

> Very cool! Have you had a chance to check out the amazingly talented young
> lady, Tal Wilkendon that Mr. Beck has been using for his bass player on
> tours
> in the last year or so? She would be about 23 by now, from Australia, and
> is
> just, well, brilliant!

** Think you mean this gal:

http://svc027.wic047p.server-web.com/

" Tal ( Talia) Wilkenfeld ".

She is featured on this DVD of the Jeff Beck band - possibly the best
live music DVD ever made.

http://www.amazon.com/Performing-This-Week-Ronnie-Scotts/dp/B001NP8PQM

Those who have not already seen it are in for a treat.

Superb sound and images throughout.

..... Phil

From: geoff on
DougD wrote:

I had an evening with Jeff and Tal (and Vinnie and David S) last year.
Along with hundreds of other audience members at the concert ..... ;-(

> Very cool! Have you had a chance to check out the amazingly talented
> young
> lady, Tal Wilkendon that Mr. Beck has been using for his bass player
> on tours
> in the last year or so? She would be about 23 by now, from Australia,
> and is
> just, well, brilliant! A good match for Jeff, and Vinny C. on drums.
> He's been amazingly gracious with her, letting her play HIS solo's on
> "Ended as Lovers",
> which sounds kinda horrible until you see/hear her play.

Now we know what the upper 'waist' on a bass is really for !

geoff

From: geoff on
Phil Allison wrote:

> ** Think you mean this gal:
>
> http://svc027.wic047p.server-web.com/
>
> " Tal ( Talia) Wilkenfeld ".
>
> She is featured on this DVD of the Jeff Beck band - possibly the
> best live music DVD ever made.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Performing-This-Week-Ronnie-Scotts/dp/B001NP8PQM

Also on Blu-ray. It's my *only* blu-ray disc !

geoff

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Weather